new expansion SoD ?

You could always play on test where you dont need to buy expansions and have double XP.

i had this on livechat before, they told me that you dont buy a bundle of all previous expansions, you buy the latest Expansion at 40$, and as a freebee you get the previous shit+ /claim rewards

so they just bumped the price up and now give you all previous for free.....apparently.

i still think were getting shafted.

Considering you used to spend 60 per year per account for expansions, and now you spend 40.. explain to me how you are getting shafted.

Because they said they want to release 2 expansion per year, but only the one near Xmas will have lvl cap increase

Incorrect. They only release one expansion a year now.

Yep

btw anyone that was thinking about getting SOD so they could get SoF *before* oct 21, uh dont.

They made it so it will not unlock that expansion. Guess it will be unlocked on the first day.

Not trying to fuel the fire here, but I think some people have short-term memory.

The last expansion was released in Nov 2007. The one before that was released in Feb 2007. SoD will be the FIRST expansion released in it's own year. So it's not "been like that for awhile now".

Granted, it's a perception thing, but I'd bet a lot of actual casual gamers (not power nerds like JJ :D ) couldn't tell you when SoF was released -- they only remember getting hammered by multiple releases within a few months of each other.

Not trying to fuel the fire here, but I think some people have short-term memory.

The last expansion was released in Nov 2007. The one before that was released in Feb 2007. SoD will be the FIRST expansion released in it's own year. So it's not "been like that for awhile now".

Granted, it's a perception thing, but I'd bet a lot of actual casual gamers (not power nerds like JJ :D ) couldn't tell you when SoF was released -- they only remember getting hammered by multiple releases within a few months of each other.

I agree it's a perception thing, and not to be contrary, but anyone who's followed the Sony Everquest forum has been indoctrinated with the "yearly expansion" mantra for 18 months or so, which would probably qualify as "a while". Hell, for someone who's been playing for 3 years or less, that's at least half the time they've been playing.

i had this on livechat before, they told me that you dont buy a bundle of all previous expansions, you buy the latest Expansion at 40$, and as a freebee you get the previous shit+ /claim rewards

so they just bumped the price up and now give you all previous for free.....apparently.

i still think were getting shafted.

I sorta said this on the first page of this thread if you didn't notice

soe must include a rewar for those who have all expansion activated ) and buy last )