New Banner/Header for the Forum?

Comicmess

Reaction score
Hi guys. Not many of you know me, but I've been around MMOB for a while--I've just never had any money to actually pay for the compile.

Recently I decided that maybe I could trade some services for a membership; the services being creating digital art.

Over the past 10 days or so I've been brainstorming about some ideas for a new banner/header for the forum. Fry and I have been talking on and off and he's told me to put some of my ideas here to get some feedback from you all!

Here are a few ideas, which I will explain:

The first and oldest idea was including a mascot for the MMOBugs's forum:

bug1e.jpg

Integrated into the forum it might look something like this:

(This preview is a little large so here's the link to it.)

Before you say anything about the blueish/pinkish tint of the letters/backdrop, know that I have since reworked the colors on some of the newer versions, and anything you like from one banner can easily be moved into another.

Here's the second idea I came up with--it would involve a randomized background, where I will go into EverQuest and take a series of screenshots. Then, the background of the header (whether coded through flash, java, or HTML) will randomly change. Here was the rough draft I showed Fry:

bug1ak.jpg

bug1b.jpg

bug1cj.jpg

You'll notice the inclusion of a logo, similar to a ladybug logo, with devil horns. Ya of nay? Also note that Fry didn't like the clean cut of the letters--my pretentiousness shining through.

Finally, here are the newest versions of the banners, all just slight variants of one-another, and any and all elements are interchangeable!

bug1rr.jpg

bug2v.jpg

bug3h.jpg

bugby.jpg

bugcm.jpg

bugd.jpg

Any and all comments/critiques/questions are appreciated! Thanks guys.

I love the woods background. I'd love to see that with some kind of EQ object in it.

The font's I really hate. I'd like to see something more professional looking and would like cheat smarter in a smaller font under MMOBugs rather than to the side.

I love the current logo, with the Red circle and the semi circle line going from it. It looks very professionally made. I don't like the random EQ pictures thrown in on our current banners.

If you're going to put an EQ object in there, I recommend cleavage...and maybe explosions. and guns. Wait, don't listen to me, my ideas are leading nowhere related to EQ.

The ladybug O is not doing it for me. As much as bug is in the name, I do not see the need to depict that. A font that is somewhat ancient looking, but elegant and clear might be worth trying. And yes cheat smarter should not be bringing as much attention as MMobugs does, it should accent it only.

Dont like any of the fonts the ones that are towards then end looks like someone painted something on the wall in mud and now are washing it off. Several of them also seem Halloweenish.

Dont like any of the fonts the ones that are towards then end looks like someone painted something on the wall in mud and now are washing it off. Several of them also seem Halloweenish.

There's an idea. Make a different banner to display on Halloween!!

[quote = "Michael Bay"] ...I recommend cleavage...and maybe explosions. and guns. Wait, don't listen to me, my ideas are leading nowhere...[/quote]

QFT.

If you're going for a halloween theme, maybe try a background of Kithicor forest at night?

If your gonna do themes better get one for Christmas, Easter, valentines, thanksgiving.... :D

Alright you guys! Thanks for all the feedback thus far!

So far what I've taken from the comments:

• Themes are good! Work those in.
  • Ditch the ladybug. Wtf is that doing on a cheating website?
  • Make the fonts a bit more professional (unless themes are included).

I noticed one person said they liked the current logo, the red circle with the little swoosh coming off the back. To be honest, to me, it looks like it could use more refining, but what do you guys think? Reuse it or renew it?

Again, thanks guys.

Alright you guys! Thanks for all the feedback thus far!

So far what I've taken from the comments:

• Themes are good! Work those in.
  • Ditch the ladybug. Wtf is that doing on a cheating website?
  • Make the fonts a bit more professional (unless themes are included).

I noticed one person said they liked the current logo, the red circle with the little swoosh coming off the back. To be honest, to me, it looks like it could use more refining, but what do you guys think? Reuse it or renew it?

Again, thanks guys.

It needs refining for sure.

Sorry about my absence over the past week--I've been up near Death Valley on a geologic trip. I'm working on a few ideas for the banners, now, and I'll share them with you all ASAP!

That's a lot of effort, but I prefer the clean look that is currently displayed.

Also, I'm opening the randomized screenshot idea (if that's what's decided on) to you guys. If you want to take some shots that match with a Halloween theme, post 'em here, and I'll stick 'em in whatever I come up with!