New AGRO macro

freewilly

Lifetimer
Reaction score
Now that SoE has cranked in an agro monitor, I wonder how long before someone writes a plugin or macro that can temper DPS based on agro drawn.

really?.......

u dont think macros now and melee settings (jolt) work well enough

guess its one of those things I see where people get silly on requests

if the there are 2 mobs but one is light blue and the other is x distance away and im facing mob and not mez didnt land but its nite time in game can u make it so I check to make sure I have 2 stacks of water............. how soon can that get done..... then if the mob is about to die but its not sure its gonna run away........

holy crap I do love good ideas and new ways to think about doing stuff but sometimes (and this wasnt the prime example) people come up w some
mundane shit.

Wanker

Never degrade ideas, no matter how lame you may think they are. Ok, your a god. Ok, you have it all worked out. It was an idea, a suggestion, food for thought. What's gained from your comments?

I think a macro using the aggro meter would be a great way to base usage of aggro increasing abilities.

I agree, sounds like a good idea.

Dealings - whats your beef lately? You seem to be in an angry place!!

Up until now, agro was an ambiguous number. Now that we have an actual visible feature we can see and manipulate, it's become much more in the realm of reason to code it into macros, getting wizzies to nuke right up to 99%! =P

i was already trying to add it to bot but accessing the window was crashing me because compile was broken at the time. will see if this current compile lets me.

it lets you do 3 things. 1, see if the mob you are about to pull has aggro already (because target aggro shows on any target, even if not aggro on you), and 2, whether or not to jolt at all. and 3, if you need to use more aggro spells. i saw the windows for it and i will take a guess that it is fairly easy to access. i need to shower and eat then I will poke around with it.

i was already trying to add it to bot but accessing the window was crashing me because compile was broken at the time. will see if this current compile lets me.

it lets you do 3 things. 1, see if the mob you are about to pull has aggro already (because target aggro shows on any target, even if not aggro on you), and 2, whether or not to jolt at all. and 3, if you need to use more aggro spells. i saw the windows for it and i will take a guess that it is fairly easy to access. i need to shower and eat then I will poke around with it.

As always Pete, you're awesome!

ok ya, it was just like i thought. i am able to access it with a single command. good stuff.

I need a better indicator of how it works. it seems color, 2 numbers and name based.

The left number (your aggro) changes from green to yellow to red if 20|80|97% the name in middle is secondary aggro. the number on right is the secondary aggro;s % of aggro in that same green/yellow/red %. will be easily incorporated into mq2melee or as a TLO but it is very simple to access into a macro as is.

Dealings, your a negative little bitch that adds no value to this site. The OP is bringing up a very good subject to discuss. Fucktard.

Folks that actually put in the time fixing and in some case innovating stuff have from what I read been spending countless hrs trying to deal w all the changes recently.

we have had a bit more mq down time recently

we have had some stuff gone for a long time now

I never understand why people are so anal about their wants when folks that are doing the work are seemingly overwhelmed w bigger things.

I find the petty and annoying folks to be dickwads thats all, I feel bad for the folks that dont sleep, dont spend time w their families and then someone comes along asking for more (not even good stuff)

Im not even sure I can think of a class that doesnt have some mechanism to deal w aggro especially if its a macro, wether its to get it or loose some of it.

spend just a little more than the time that it took for you to ask for more to see that its already available (reacting to loss or gain of aggro), wether its plugins or macros.

Last edited:
I didn't see his request as a demand for the dev's to stop work and to do this. This is the questions/requests area. This request was a very valid request. Things that deal with aggro right now just always use them to make sure you have aggro. With the ability to see your aggro exactly , you might be able to use other skills that give more damage when you know you already have the aggro locked down.

The dev's around here are not the only ones who make macro's also.

Dealings, your a negative little bitch that adds no value to this site. The OP is bringing up a very good subject to discuss. Fucktard.

Same could be said about your post. I would bet money that Dealings has more positive posts here then you. So stop telling people they add no value until you shut the fuck up and add some value yourself.

While I do not agree with his post, your post is just as distasteful.

Same could be said about your post. I would bet money that Dealings has more positive posts here then you. So stop telling people they add no value until you shut the fuck up and add some value yourself.

While I do not agree with his post, your post is just as distasteful.

JJ, point taken, however, my comment from him putting a smart ass remark in my WTB thread I put up. He may have more positive comments, that doesn't mean negative shit is unwelcome.

really?.......

u dont think macros now and melee settings (jolt) work well enough

guess its one of those things I see where people get silly on requests

if the there are 2 mobs but one is light blue and the other is x distance away and im facing mob and not mez didnt land but its nite time in game can u make it so I check to make sure I have 2 stacks of water............. how soon can that get done..... then if the mob is about to die but its not sure its gonna run away........

holy crap I do love good ideas and new ways to think about doing stuff but sometimes (and this wasnt the prime example) people come up w some
mundane shit.

Damn dude, the guy just threw out a idea to think about and you mud stomp him with both feet?

Im like one level of Dick just below JJ (cuz he is King Dick around these here parts) but even I gotta say, not cool!

@freewilly Thank u for the post and dont let this discourage you from thinking of suggestions in the future either!