Need sound help please...

Mori

I like pie..
Reaction score
Ok, I reformatted my computer, and now my sound doesn't work...All of my drivers are up to date, but when I go into Sound Playback Devices it says my speakers aren't plugged in. I've tried unplugging them, shutting computer down, plugging them in, restarting computer to no avail. If anyone could help me troubleshoot it would be greatly appreciated.

-Mori

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    254.9 KB · Views: 21
Found something in my Device Manager (See first picture in this post) but when I try to update drivers I click "search automatically for updated driver software"... I get this (see second picture in post..)..I'm lost, I can't think of anything else that might help me...

Attachments

• Untitled1.jpg
    Untitled1.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 10
  • Untitled2.jpg
    Untitled2.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 9
Fixed---for now....I still have to fix my sound card but I plugged my speakers into my on board sound card instead so I have sound until I can figure it out...

Doesn't sound like you have windows 7 installed. Not had a driver issue since I changed to 7

Nah, im currently on vista home premium..my gf wont let me torrent a good copy of 7 and im too cheap to buy it, lol

If your girlfriend is forcing you to stay on Vista, dump her. No one who really loves you would put you through that torment.

And a little relationship advice, sometimes its better to do first, then ask forgiveness later.

If your girlfriend is forcing you to stay on Vista, dump her. No one who really loves you would put you through that torment.

And a little relationship advice, sometimes its better to do first, then ask forgiveness later.

LMAO!! Spoken like a man who has been / will be divorced. I love it.

Seriously though, windows 7 is definately worth the price. I'm cheaper than the average bear myself, but i haven't regretted spending the money for the upgrade yet.

You can get 7 home/pro for like 90$, its worth it. A weekend without booze for 7 is a good trade off.

Yeah, $90 ain't bad..I'll look into it..

find someone with a .edu email and you can get it for $25 or $35, win7pro

Yay for wife being a teacher!

Love your desktop mori, gonna have to get you to send it to me lol