Premium Member
Reaction score
MT: SK
Slower: Shaman
Healer: Druid
Puller: Monk
DPS: Wizard or Rogue or Zerker
1 spot will be merc healer

There is also an enchanter on the Shaman account that can be PL'd to replace the shaman on certain events.

What would you guys suggest for that group makeup.

depends on gear on the zerker/rogue imo. If not raid gear i'd say wiz, i've recently played a wiz and found they are pretty awesome dps w/o having super gear. Especially for 1grping stuff can burn mobs super fast.

It will not be raid gear, will be all T5 group gear once we get to that point.

if you go wiz drop the druid and go another dps. Shamans can do the healing and the slowing. Just wont be able to do doting but with another dps that will more then make up for it.

MT: SK
Slower: Shaman
Healer: Druid
Puller: Monk
DPS: Wizard or Rogue or Zerker
1 spot will be merc healer

There is also an enchanter on the Shaman account that can be PL'd to replace the shaman on certain events.

What would you guys suggest for that group makeup.

This sounds close to my group makeup.

sk
shaman
cleric/war/necro
bard
monk
merc

I am replacing the cleric since having the shaman and cleric merc her services are never needed other than big named. Undecided on war or necro. still testing them out. leaning necro to avoid rot loot.

I prefer to not use mana dependent classes as it leaves for no downtime.

Otherwise I do well in most scenario's. I have an alt wiz that I can bring in for ports if needed but /zone normally handled that in most cases. :cool:

I think the druid is a virtual lock, we're actually considering making a cleric instead of using a merc and just playing that too. Which would give us 3 healers, but the Shaman rarely heals, he's busy with Champ / Lynx / DoTs etc, he's not really AA'd to be a healer at this point.

SK
Clr
Dru
Shm
Wiz
Mnk

could be a little overkill, also have the option of putting a 7th toon in the rotation and leaving the shaman outside for group buffs / lynx etc and adding a rogue in its place.

Overloading on healing is silly but that is just me. Shaman is more then enough healing with a spot merc now and again if needed or for buffs. More DPS nets you better exp, just change out DOTs for healing(doesnt really take that many AAs)

I know several people who currently just run with shaman healer/buffer/slower 1 tank and 4 dps. They blow through content(group content) including named.

So with shaman, and druid in the group, and merc healer...

no point in adding a cleric I guess.

So

SK, Druid, Shm, Wiz, Rog, healer merc

Overloading on healing is silly but that is just me. Shaman is more then enough healing with a spot merc now and again if needed or for buffs. More DPS nets you better exp, just change out DOTs for healing(doesnt really take that many AAs)

I know several people who currently just run with shaman healer/buffer/slower 1 tank and 4 dps. They blow through content(group content) including named.

Yeah, I've done this and it's ridiculous.

SK (85)
SHM (84)
ROG (80)
ROG (80)
WIZ (72)
NEC (80) (or 75MNK/75 or 73RNG/71BER/72MAG/85or83or82or80CLR as PLee)

Cool thing about this setup is that you don't really NEED the 6th person (which is why I've often stuck a toon there I'm trying to PL). A well developed SK doesn't need a ton of healing and that gives you the opportunity to load up on DPS. Remember, excess healing is wasteful but excess DPS is better xp. Once the mage gets to 76, she'll replace the NEC (since shit dies too fast for the necro to really get her numbers up). I've tried a lot of combos (I have at least 1 of every class except beastlord) but the above one has been an eye opener. Certain situations may call for different setups though (obviously). In the 70s, I've had a lot of success with:

SK
PAL
CLR
CLR
CLR
NEC

Of course, doing undead and Ravenglass. With VoV up and Ward/HoHV procs, the clerics do very respectable damage (not even counting their nukes) and can tank Ravenglass's adds np. PAL for Slay of course (and as main healer, believe it or not!), the SK tanks and the Necro.....well, is a necro. :p That setup is good through the mid-60s and up to about 75 when it slows to a crawl.

SK, SHM, MNK, MNK, MNK, Merc. Or rep one of the monks with a wiz if you want that utility.

Alright so how's this figure to play.

SK
Sham
Druid
Wizard
Monk
???

Should that final spot be

A.) Berserker
B.) Rogue
C.) Ranger
D.) Magician
E.) Necro

My thinking is w/ Lynx on the group SK + Pet + Sham pet + Monk is a lot of people popping off lynx, but adding a Necro / Mage would give us their pet proccing it plus the added nukes / DoTs / Manataps / pet toys etc. Or, the pure damage of a zerker + lynx is really substantial, or the really fast attacks of Rogue / Ranger. Necro is my least on that list, but I like the ability to give mana back to the group constantly.

I have a friend that runs with

Ranger
Wizard
Bard
Shaman
Merc
Merc

He does named all the time. I think the big difference is what you want to do. Trophy mob kills, and bosses are going to be a groups speciality if they stacked healing.

Pure exp grinds, of course are going to benefit from the extra DPS.

That's why I think a Druid fits well in the group.

SK
Shm
Druid
Wiz
Monk
Merc/cleric

Ya, it's a lot of healing. But shaman is focused on DPS, and buffing group. Druid is focused on the same thing. Debuffs, and damage.

Damn well bet the group never dies. haha

This is my Setup but looking for more DPS

PAL
MNK
MAG
ENC
Merc or CLR
Merc

I can 6 box if needed but thinking I may swap out a merc for a rogue or wiz.

It's good having the backup healer. One of the benefits of a shaman, gets you the slows, and back up heals.

But having an enchanter to lock down mobs is very useful.

This is my Setup but looking for more DPS

PAL
MNK
MAG
ENC
Merc or CLR
Merc

I can 6 box if needed but thinking I may swap out a merc for a rogue or wiz.

I'd say play the CLR and then replace merc with Wizard and you'd have a lot of punch especially with the enchanter aura going and stuff.

4 mages and a shaman + clr merc = best imo can kill anything t1-t5 easy.

i run

Ranger 36kHP 4.2kAC buffed 2400 AA
Zerker 31k hp 3.2k AC 920 AA
Wiz 22k mana 300 aa (my work in progress)
t5 merc tank
2 merc clerics

i have a sham (32khp 28k mana 1900 aa) i sit out of group for buffs n such

with my makeup nothing is much of a challenge