MQ2Twist addition ? Beneficial?

Villageidiot

Captain Douchebag
Reaction score
Question for everyone. When i play my bard manually in my group i twist on begging of battle. I have to /twist off at the end of each fight.

Would anyone find it beneficial to have an option in twist to /twist off on current mob death beneficial?

Dev's, would this be possible to add to the plugin?

i know i can do it in a macro but wondering if it would be possible to just add to the plugin?

let me know what you all think.

if it were possible to have settings on plugin

maybe options that would sing if in combat

stop singing if out of combat

vs on mob death

combat twist
(in combat or combat state?)
if mt x distance=30
if npc health=98

rest twist
dist nearest npc 30ft
if invis On off

just adding ideas if its even possible

well this will never get added if only 2 people like the idea :(

I think you could just make a holy shit and down shit to do what you want.

Personally I leave my bard twisting the spell line up the whole time unless I call for my group to move. In which case I use /bc twist off , /bc follow , and a call to invis / itu.

I would like this addition. I don't think you can use a downshit to stop twisting. I actually use a downshit on another of my melee characters to /bct the bard to stop twist.

sure you can /twist via holyshit/downshit if you want.
example:
downshit1=/if (${Twist.Twisting} && !${Me.XTarget}) /twist off
downshit2=/if (!${Twist.Twisting} && ${Me.XTarget}) /twist on

problem with doing it once per mob is that it would twist on and off every time you changed targets. but i guess if you dont care about that then it is whatever. You can also just declare a global variable for this and use it in a config file. Then mark your current target if you are Melee.Attacking and if it doesnt match your previous target, then set the variable with current ID and /twist on. but that isnt what he asked for, though it is still an option.

Thanks Pete, but that has not been my experience. You would think that would work, but actually does not.

When my bard is not attacking anything...
If twist is on, downshits do not work. If I manually turn twist off, all my downshits start to work again.

I thought that was why the OP proposed a more convenient way to turn twist off.

oh right. that bug. pester htw about /melee beta=1. that is the setting that is supposed to correct the issue you are describing.

I updated my copy of MQ2Melee.cpp so that the function MeleeHandle would always call DowntimeHandle().

void MeleeHandle()
{

// check it's a good time to perform some downtime actions?
if(!IsCasting() || BardClass) DowntimeHandle();
}

I think the MMOBug version has a flag to make it do the same thing. With out the flag or modification bards that are twisting will never fire the downshits.

I started a thread on this about 2 yrs ago when I came back and noticed some changes to how my bard was working.