MQ2Navigation

dr00d69

Reaction score
Any chance of unlocking this plugin for non lifetime members? Been a member here on and off for quite some time and would like access to this plugin. Why is it locked to lifetime members?

Would be awesome for my box setup and pulling and I'd like to give it a try.

oo guess i am just a retard then will try if i can get mmobugs up again, having that auto close issue atm

That problem was fixed yesterday,
thanks to htw!! It was a problem on their end, the script had a error in it

Only problem I have with MQ2Navigation is that I can not create my own zone mesh files. Whenever I click EQNavigation.exe and an error pops up saying "The program can't start because zlib1.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem." I've tried with the zip compile and the .exe compile.

Only problem I have with MQ2Navigation is that I can not create my own zone mesh files. Whenever I click EQNavigation.exe and an error pops up saying "The program can't start because zlib1.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem." I've tried with the zip compile and the .exe compile.
Added it. Will be in future exe/zip releases. For now, loader will see it if you want to grab.

htw

So I had for years been under the assumption it was a lifetime only plugin.

I used it last night and let me tell you, it was an awesome upgrade. No more running into walls etc.

Sweet!

So I had for years been under the assumption it was a lifetime only plugin.

I used it last night and let me tell you, it was an awesome upgrade. No more running into walls etc.

Sweet!
It was lifetime only until i sweet-talked fry into making it open to all for bot.mac about 2 years ago i think because pulling without it is much less reliable. had to go through 2 sets of knee pads =x

Couple issues I'm having, I ad to go find droidsans.tff to get the eqnavigation.exe to load, and I can generate meshes but I still receive a no start reference error when attempting to use.

Neither Gfay or Butcherblock work, and I've played with the tile and cell sizes but there is no change in behaviour. I even downloaded the ncr's from here and the same issue arose, and the meshes supposedly successfully load in each example. The zone meshes do appear to be abnormally deep in the mesh creator.

Last edited:
Have you tried setting a start and end point before you save?

(Optional) Test the pathing output
After successfully 'building' a zone do the following:
1.Hold the right mouse button and move your mouse around to rotate the camera.
2.Use W, A, S, and D keys to move the camera. (Optionally hold SHIFT and/or ALT to boost the camera's movement speed)
3.Shift+Left click to place the starting point.
4.Left click to place the 'end' point.
If both the start and end points are on the navmesh (the blue area), a red line will be drawn marking the solution path.

Last edited:
Have you tried setting a start and end point before you save?

(Optional) Test the pathing output
After successfully 'building' a zone do the following:
1.Hold the right mouse button and move your mouse around to rotate the camera.
2.Use W, A, S, and D keys to move the camera. (Optionally hold SHIFT and/or ALT to boost the camera's movement speed)
3.Shift+Left click to place the starting point.
4.Left click to place the 'end' point.
If both the start and end points are on the navmesh (the blue area), a red line will be drawn marking the solution path.

Yes I have, didn't get a red line though, and the column of the mesh zone appears to be around 5000-8000 units deep if the x and y are 1000 units. I've tried placing them before generation, after generation. I'll try some more tonight, and about to break down and load up an XP vm to test with.

You most likely wont get them to work. It sounds like the navigation needs updated to remove zone items at 32k

this is from mq2.com under the navigation part
MacroQuest - Login
// Fix for stupid/retarded negative mesh objects in Sony's zone files
if(fileloader->model_data.placeable->z < -32727) continue;

// Begin list of weird objects in zones to ignore, since we're dealing with a static client
if(strcmp(ZoneFileName,"tutorialb")) // ignore webs blocking paths
if(fileloader->model_data.placeable->model==128 || fileloader->model_data.placeable->model==129 ) continue;

Last edited:
You most likely wont get them to work. It sounds like the navigation needs updated to remove zone items at 32k

MacroQuest - Login

// Begin list of weird objects in zones to ignore, since we're dealing with a static client
if(fileloader->model_data.placeable->model==128 || fileloader->model_data.placeable->model==129 ) continue;

Sounds like I thought, the zone draws in top 5% of the column and the mesh is created at the bottom visibly.

MacroQuest - Login

I've added the change, it will be in next release.

Thanks gentlemen, can confirm a new mesh generation of butcherblock works now. Though the plugin doesn't unload and reload properly now, and I haven't tested zoning behaviour but it's a step in the right direction.

Last edited:
Thanks for letting us know!

Anyone having to do new meshes, if you can say what zones (e.g., as shigomotu said, butcherblock), we can get those replaced in the Files section for compressed new generated .ncr zone files.

Saves people lot of time. :)

Thanks again.

htw

An updated .ncr for grounds would be greatly appreciated I've always had the problem of my pullers getting stuck on tree's and other ground objects.

I'm not sure how applicable this even is in the changes that were made but I figured I would request anyways.

Thank you your time is greatly appreciated.