MQ2Nav vs MQ2Navigation

shigomotu

Lifetimer
Reaction score
I'm curious if there's a particular reason MQ2Nav doesn't appear to work with /findmob but MQ2Navigation does, and if there's a possible remedy for it.

Brainiac rewrote MQ2Navigation as MQ2Nav, but due to the complexity and so many special cases in certain zones, he never quite finished it. I don't think /findmob would be too hard to add. I'll point Brainiac to this thread and see what he has to say.

Fry, tell him he needs to fix the object loading bug too!

I'm not sure what /findmob does, or at least I'm not familiar with that command. I tried to copy all the existing commands, so maybe its part of another plugin?

You can try /nav target, that will navigate to your target.

/findmob is part of PeteSampras's MQ2Bot that uses mq2nav or navigation to find the nearest mob and bring it back.

I'm not sure what /findmob does, or at least I'm not familiar with that command. I tried to copy all the existing commands, so maybe its part of another plugin?

You can try /nav target, that will navigate to your target.

It's a command from Pete Sampras' MQ2Bot plugin, but I'm not sure if it's a syntax issue or TLO's that are the reason for the incompatibility.

Back on MQ2NAV = how do you create a mesh file? I have mesh generator loaded and can open any of the zone files but there is nothing to build a mesh showing up...

You don't see the Build/Save buttons on left?

nav1.png

look for a MeshGenerator_UI.ini file and delete it, that should reset the UI and hopefully make it reappear.. i'm not sure why it would be missing.

Thx- that appeared to work- just deleted all the files and re-downloaded!

I thought I'd have a go at running MQ2Nav - so downloaded all the mesh files from the download section and extracted them into a sub folder of my MMO folder named MQ2Navigation - Loaded the plugin, no nav mesh available. Created another folder called MQ2Nav - copied the files in there also. Loaded the plugin - no nav mesh available.

Do the mesh files in the download section not work with MQ2Nav or am I missing something?
The MQ2Nav Ui window loads up fine, but cannot find any mesh files.

Anyone have any that I can use if the download section ones are incompatible?

Created a few myself, got them working. But as there are sooooo many zones now, are there any download links like the old files in the mmobugs download section?

Otherwise, is there a script/macro that can automate the task, something that will load - create mesh - save - for every map without having to go through each one manually?

The mesh file downloads were created for the old version of MQ2Navigation. They'll need to be created for each zone you use it on.

We really need to start a new project of making meshes for new version of MQ2Nav.

The mesh file downloads were created for the old version of MQ2Navigation. They'll need to be created for each zone you use it on.

We really need to start a new project of making meshes for new version of MQ2Nav.

That would be good. I've started slowely creating them for the zones I'm currently using - would be nice to have an ini file to go along with nav pionts listed - zone points etc.