Some disciplines / spells aren't used, even if they're on /bot list?

snoopy3525

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Wasn't sure if there's any rhyme or reason to a specific Discipline not being used. For instance, on a Level 120 SK. I set the SK as Main tank, and made sure he's using 1hs + shield.

For example, When I type /bot on, I see Repudiate Rk. II as Disc12. Figured he'd use it at some point? But I haven't ever seen it used.

Honestly just trying to tweak things around a little and am curious. Thanks!

Reactions: EQDAB
Might try setting withstand=1 in mq2melee.ini, or /melee withstand=1. Repudiate is an the last update to that line, withstand will trigger whatever the current version is.

Reactions: snoopy3525
Checking this out now. Thanks!

Is MQ2Melee baked into /bot ? Or is it separated, or do they work together to any extent?

They work together, but are separated. Mq2melee.dll should be in the plugin folder of your mqnext install. I think it is loaded by default, but you may want to ensure it is checked off in the plugin configuration menu of MMOLoader. Look for the mq2melee section in your main ini, servername.charname.ini in config folder. I was thinking it had its own ini, but when I checked it was in the main one. Melee handles all the melee disciplines and such for your toon. The number after withstand= is actually a minimum endurance you want in order to trigger it. Also of interest in there would be steely=1, which will enable it to cast that line of temp hp spells - steely/stubborn/etc. stance.

Might try setting withstand=1 in mq2melee.ini, or /melee withstand=1. Repudiate is an the last update to that line, withstand will trigger whatever the current version is.
This worked. Thanks!!

Just a couple other questions if you don't mind...

1) any reason not to keep this on all the time?

2) Any other mq2melee tricks you think i should use on the SK? I did steely as well.

Last edited:
Any melee class should have that loaded. If you look through the list in the ini, you'll find base discs for all of them listed. You'd need to find the ones for each class and activate as needed. I keep mine on all the time, helps to even out the incoming damage so healer can keep up easier. Haven't found anything else in there specific to SK.