Plugin MQ2Nav - NavMeshes

Chatwiththisname

Learning2Code
Reaction score
I have began building NavMesh files for zones as I find myself entering that expansion. Creating NavMesh files takes time and CPU (Mine about had a heart attack at the tile size I was using on horrible non-gaming computer).

So far I have House of Thule meshes. Tile size is set to 64 for precision (default is set at 128). I will include more zip files as I create the Meshes. Some house of thule zones have insanely oversized zone meshes compared to the size of the actual usable portions of the zone by the player, such as House of Thule itself, when I attempted to modify the bounding box I got an error with being unable to find a starting point. So I've left all bounding boxes at their default sizes.

These files go into your ../MacroQuest2/MQ2Nav/ folder. If Admins would prefer not to use the space for the large files to be premade, or expect to have changes made to the way NavMesh files are made and read let me know and I'll remove it.

NOTES:

[House of Thule]
*House of Thule meshes does not include Morrel's Tower as the zone file was not present on my computer.
*I did not create a NavMesh file for the neighborhood listed under House of Thule.

[Empires of Kunark]
*The following EoK zones did not have zone files on my computer. Veeshan's Peak, Skyfire Mountains, Gorowyn, The Howling Stones, The Overthere, thus I did not make meshes for them.
*Frontier Mountains is only at 128 tile size, it's was lagging my computer even before I created the mesh, took me 10 minutes to get it to click the stupid save button.
*Gnome Memorial Mountains bounding box is monstrous, also saved with 128 tile size.

[The Broken Mirror]
*TBM meshes had 0 issues.

[The Darkened Sea]
*Arx Mentis bounding box max size does not appear to encompass entire zone
*Katta Castrum, The Deluge is extremely large compared to most other zones.

[Call of the Forsaken]
*COF - No issues.

Attachments

• ArxBoundingBox issue.png
    ArxBoundingBox issue.png
    832.6 KB · Views: 26
Last edited: