MQ2MMOTLO Tasks not working

flatlined785

Reaction score
I was just messing with MQ2MMOTLO, wanted to see if the tasks TLO would suit my evil purposes.

On live, none of the Task stuff seems to work, including the /twopen command.
I had a task, I had opened the window prior to using the TLO, and I had selected the task.

Other things in the plugin seem to be working. Money, MMOtlo, etc, all /echo ${whatever} and ${whatever.thing} fine. But task is false, and all subs also false.

On Test, the /twopen command worked, but none of the TLO, as with live.

Is the task TLO supported and functional? Maybe I am just doing something wrong.

I didn't have an expedition so I couldn't check that, but /echo ${Expedition} was false too.

I tried out this TLO again .. just hoping random gods made it change.
I happened to have a shared task this time.

With a shared task, {Task} returns true. {Task.Name[??]} returns the name of the shared task, no matter what number you put in. And most of the rest of the functions either fail (NULL) or say the member does not exist to call.

I was hoping to be able to make a HUD that shows current task (selected, or whatever, entered via command for all I care, can set a variable in my overall macro), and show the current steps on that task, in order to not have the task window open all the time.

If the TLO is working properly, does it's function support that?

Last edited:
This is part of core (MQ2Main), not MQ2MMOTLO (I need to remove that info from the wiki - well, better yet, just tag it as no longer applicable or included in the plugin). As far as I know, it works (mq2main task tlo) - for the current task, in general, although you can get the title of other tasks.

TLO:Task - MacroQuest Wiki

htw

Okay, looked at that instead. So, does it work for your shared task only, or the selected task in the window only, or is there some kind of array access, or task name search access?

Judging by my experience above, I would say it shows shared task only.