MQ2Melee - disable automatic auto attack?

zdozbou

EQ Knowledge King
Reaction score
I've been playing more and more with MQ2Melee, as where before I always disliked it because it just won't leave your /autoattack state alone, and I can't figure out how to change that.

If you swap mobs with MQ2Melee loaded, auto attack gets turned off. If you manually turn auto attack off, while MQ2Melee is loaded, it instantly turns it back on. Is there a way to have MQ2Melee not enable or disable auto attack state?

i think you can use:
overrideif=0

if that doesnt work you would need to use a macro to control attack on and off or use mq2bot.

Doesn't MQ2Bot require MQ2Melee to fire melee spam discs and such tho? I'm wanting to manually play the character, with MQ2Melee automating some of my discs only, and doing nothing else.

The only thing override seemed to do is cause auto attack to turn on every time an NPC is targeted.

Last edited:
mq2bot only uses mq2melee for the sticking/attack stuff and so that you can automate whatever skills you want. it doesnt require it though. You can enable/disable everything in mq2bot via settings. But ya, you can just use a simple assist mac and do everything in mq2melee if you want.

That looks to fix the problem of not being able to toggle auto attack off while a mob is targeted. However, it still toggles auto attack off when I switch targets.

That looks to fix the problem of not being able to toggle auto attack off while a mob is targeted. However, it still toggles auto attack off when I switch targets.

Thought EQ also auto shut off attack when you swapped targets.

EQ doesn't by default. I'm not sure if there is a way to set EQ up to do that or not, but that's not what I want happening :p. I just want MQ2Melee to not enable or disable auto attack. To just leave auto attack alone.

And I know it's MQ2Melee doing it, as when I swap targets and auto attack gets disabled it echos "MQ2Melee::TARGET SWITCH taking actions."

Last edited:
that was the override setting i referenced. that is checked when you change targets. by default i believe it leaves attack on when switching if i am reading it correctly.

i know its not topic related, but my stick only works after i log in when i unload mq2melee plug and reload, what might be doing that?

ps: i used my mq2 folder from months ago when came back and updated with mmobugs.

i know its not topic related, but my stick only works after i log in when i unload mq2melee plug and reload, what might be doing that?

ps: i used my mq2 folder from months ago when came back and updated with mmobugs.

You're not the only one. It does it to me. Even unloading it and reloading it does nothing for me though. I have mentioned it but never heard anything back.

I thought I mentioned it elsewhere (pretty sure), but have asked, to look at the melee options when that happens.

1) You notice you are not sticking.
2) Type: /melee
3) Note any stickXXX settings

I can't reproduce it no matter what order I load/unload, but then again, i don't run macros or plugins that might change some melee values.

I suspect it's getting some stick values turned off. If you don't save them that way, reloading would fix it. Of course, if the option gets saved, it WILL stay that way.

But even if I'm totally wrong on what's going on with it, keep in mind NOTHING has changed for that in some years (from the MU side as well as the Melee side). The only reason a few things have been tried, was after a few people started observing it (and a couple plugins & macs added).

Not pointing any fingers yet.

At any rate, please report the info I asked, and as I've said before, that will help to track down where it's coming from.

htw

Oh, and also, besides the settings, be sure to be clear on what (if any) macro you are using at the time, and also what plugins you have loaded.

htw

Code:
stickbreak=1
stickmode=1
stickrange=70

Im using MQ2Bot. It used to be the case that I hit "Q" and I would auto turn, face and stick to the mob. Now it does nothing, just turns attack on and stands there.

Code:
stickbreak=1
stickmode=1
stickrange=70

Im using MQ2Bot. It used to be the case that I hit "Q" and I would auto turn, face and stick to the mob. Now it does nothing, just turns attack on and stands there.
OK since you have stickmode=1 you need stickcmd.

what is that set to?

Code:
stickbreak=1
stickmode=1
stickrange=70

what is that set to?

Code:
stickbreak=1
stickmode=1
stickrange=70

what is that set to?

There isn't anything /shrug

Code:
stickbreak=1
stickmode=1
stickrange=70

what is that set to?

There isn't anything /shrug

Sorry just woke.

To your answer though, that would be why you are not sticking. Refer to the wiki.

Htw

ok heres my random ini from one of melees and plugins, btw happens to any char and each one has inis alike:

ps: Bonus fact it will suddenly stop sticking after a few hours auto, shrug why or how, i dont see my mac turning anything related to stick off.

Code:
[Plugins]
mq2mmobugs=1
mq2aaspend=1
mq2advpath=0
mq2autoaccepttrades=1
mq2autogroup=1
mq2cast=1
mq2cecho=1
mq2chatfilter=1
mq2chatwnd=1
mq2clickies=1
mq2custombinds=1
mq2debuffs=1
mq2docrack=1
mq2doors=1
mq2eqbc=1
mq2exchange=1
mq2fps=1
mq2gmcheck=1
mq2hoverinfo=1
mq2hud=1
mq2instancekill=1
mq2itemdisplay=1
mq2labels=1
mq2linkdb=1
mq2map=1
mq2mastermind=1
mq2melee=1
mq2mmofastmem=1
mq2mmotlo=1
mq2mmoxp=1
mq2moveutils=1
mq2nogold=1
mq2nomountmodels=1
mq2otd=1
mq2reward=1
mq2rez=1
mq2size=1
mq2taskaddaccept=1
mq2timestamp=1
mq2tooltip=1
mq2tracking=1
mq2twist=1
mq2wintitle=1
mq2viewport=1
mq2navigation=0

Code:
[MQ2Twist]
Delay=33
Quiet=0
Adjust=1
Recast=0
21_CastTime=0
21_ReCastTime=0
21_Name=DISABLED
21_Slot=DISABLED
22_CastTime=0
22_ReCastTime=0
22_Name=DISABLED
22_Slot=DISABLED
23_CastTime=0
23_ReCastTime=0
23_Name=DISABLED
23_Slot=DISABLED
24_CastTime=0
24_ReCastTime=0
24_Name=DISABLED
24_Slot=DISABLED
25_CastTime=0
25_ReCastTime=0
25_Name=DISABLED
25_Slot=DISABLED
26_CastTime=0
26_ReCastTime=0
26_Name=DISABLED
26_Slot=DISABLED
27_CastTime=0
27_ReCastTime=0
27_Name=DISABLED
27_Slot=DISABLED
28_CastTime=0
28_ReCastTime=0
28_Name=DISABLED
28_Slot=DISABLED
29_CastTime=0
29_ReCastTime=0
29_Name=DISABLED
29_Slot=DISABLED
30_CastTime=0
30_ReCastTime=0
30_Name=DISABLED
30_Slot=DISABLED
31_CastTime=0
31_ReCastTime=0
31_Name=DISABLED
31_Slot=DISABLED
32_CastTime=0
32_ReCastTime=0
32_Name=DISABLED
32_Slot=DISABLED
33_CastTime=0
33_ReCastTime=0
33_Name=DISABLED
33_Slot=DISABLED
34_CastTime=0
34_ReCastTime=0
34_Name=DISABLED
34_Slot=DISABLED
35_CastTime=0
35_ReCastTime=0
35_Name=DISABLED
35_Slot=DISABLED
36_CastTime=0
36_ReCastTime=0
36_Name=DISABLED
36_Slot=DISABLED
37_CastTime=0
37_ReCastTime=0
37_Name=DISABLED
37_Slot=DISABLED
38_CastTime=0
38_ReCastTime=0
38_Name=DISABLED
38_Slot=DISABLED
39_CastTime=0
39_ReCastTime=0
39_Name=DISABLED
39_Slot=DISABLED
40_CastTime=0
40_ReCastTime=0
40_Name=DISABLED
40_Slot=DISABLED
[MQ2AASpend]
DebugLog=0
ClassicMode=0
SafeSwitch=0
AutoStartLevel=0
AutoStartHybrid=0
AutoStartAuto=0
AutoStartBrute=0
MinAutoStart=0
MinBruteStart=0
UseTypeOrder=0
TypeOrder=General|Archetype|Class|Special
[MQ2DoCrack]
Top=180
Left=290
Bottom=398
Right=830
Locked=0
WindowTitle=MMOBugs MQ2DoCrack
Fades=1
Delay=2000
Duration=500
Alpha=255
FadeToAlpha=255
BGType=1
BGTint.red=255
BGTint.green=255
BGTint.blue=255
ShowWindow=0
[MQ2Clickies]
Active=off
charm=on
leftear=on
head=on
face=on
rightear=on
neck=on
shoulder=on
arms=on
back=on
leftwrist=on
rightwrist=on
ranged=on
hands=on
mainhand=on
offhand=on
leftfinger=on
rightfinger=on
chest=on
legs=on
feet=on
waist=on
powersource=on
ammo=on
pack1=on
pack2=on
pack3=on
pack4=on
pack5=on
pack6=on
pack7=on
pack8=on
pack9=on
pack10=on
ClickWnd_WindowTitle=Clickies
ClickWnd_Top=175
ClickWnd_Bottom=219
ClickWnd_Left=390
ClickWnd_Right=1223
ClickWnd_Locked=0
ClickWnd_Fades=1
ClickWnd_Delay=0
ClickWnd_Duration=500
ClickWnd_Alpha=255
ClickWnd_FadeToAlpha=255
ClickWnd_BGType=1
ClickWnd_BGTint.red=255
ClickWnd_BGTint.green=255
ClickWnd_BGTint.blue=255
ClickSet_WindowTitle=Settings
ClickSet_Top=65
ClickSet_Bottom=575
ClickSet_Left=10
ClickSet_Right=130
ClickSet_Locked=0
ClickSet_Fades=1
ClickSet_Delay=0
ClickSet_Duration=500
ClickSet_Alpha=255
ClickSet_FadeToAlpha=255
ClickSet_BGType=1
ClickSet_BGTint.red=255
ClickSet_BGTint.green=255
ClickSet_BGTint.blue=255
[MQ2Rez]
RezPct=96
Accept=1
[MQ2Melee]
ancestral=20
assassinate=1
backstab=1
disarm=0
downflag0=1
downflag1=1
downflag2=1
downflag3=1
downflag4=1
downflag5=1
downflag6=1
enrage=1
enragingkick=25
escape=20
evade=1
facing=1
groupcheck=1
hide=1
hidedelay=1000
holyflag0=1
holyflag1=1
holyflag2=1
holyflag3=1
holyflag4=1
holyflag5=1
holyflag6=1
holyflag7=1
holyflag8=1
infuriate=1
melee=1
override=1
petenrage=1
petinfuriate=1
petmend=20
petrange=75
pickpocket=1
plugin=1
resume=20
sneak=1
sneakdelay=1000
stickbreak=1
stickrange=140
strike=1
strikedelay=1000
stun0=19266
downshit0=/if (!${Me.Buff[Bite of the Shissar Poison X].ID} && !${Me.Invis} && !${Me.Moving}) /potionbelt Activate 1
downshit1=/if (!${Me.Song[Thief's Eyes].ID} && ${Target.PctHPs}<99 && ${Target.Type.Equal[NPC]}) /Disc Thief's Eyes
downshitif=${If[${Zone.ID}!=344 && ${Zone.ID}!=345 && ${Zone.ID}!=219 && ${Zone.ID}!=463 && ${Zone.ID}!=202 && ${Zone.ID}!=151 && !${Me.Moving} && ${Zone.ID}!=203 && !${Me.Invis},1,0]}
holyshit0=/if (${Melee.Combat} && ${Me.AltAbilityReady[Dirty Fighting]} && ${Target.PctHPs}<96) /casting "Dirty Fighting" alt
holyshit1=/if (${Target.PctHPs}<99 && ${Target.Named} && ${Melee.Combat} && ${Me.AltAbilityReady[Envenomed Blades]} && ${Target.PctHPs}<96) /casting "Envenomed Blades" alt
holyshit2=/if (${Target.Named} && ${Melee.Combat} && ${Me.AltAbilityReady[Rogue's Fury]} && ${Target.PctHPs}<98) /casting "Rogue's Fury" alt
holyshit3=/if (${Target.Named} && ${Melee.Combat} && ${Me.AltAbilityReady[Fundament: Third Spire of the Rake]} && ${Target.PctHPs}<96) /casting "Fundament: Third Spire of the Rake" alt
holyshit4=/if (${Target.PctHPs}<99 && ${Target.Named} && ${Melee.Combat} && ${Cast.Ready[Rustic Coat of the Assassin]}) /casting 127422 |item
holyshit5=/if (${Target.PctHPs}<99 && ${Cast.Ready[Rustic Coat of the Assassin]} && ${Me.CombatState.Equal[COMBAT]} && ${Target.Type.Equal[NPC]} && ${Me.Song[Prophet's Gift of the  Ruchu].ID} && ${Me.Song[Lich Sting].ID}) /casting 127422 |item
holyshit6=/if (${Target.PctHPs}<99 && ${Me.AltAbilityReady[Fundament: Third Spire of the Rake]} && ${Me.CombatState.Equal[COMBAT]} && ${Target.Type.Equal[NPC]} && ${Me.Song[Prophet's Gift of the  Ruchu].ID} && ${Me.Song[Lich Sting].ID}) /casting "Fundament: Third Spire of the Rake" alt
holyshit7=/if (${Target.PctHPs}<99 && ${Me.AltAbilityReady[Rogue's Fury]} && ${Me.CombatState.Equal[COMBAT]} && ${Target.Type.Equal[NPC]} && ${Me.Song[Prophet's Gift of the Ruchu].ID} && ${Me.Song[Lich Sting].ID}) /casting "Rogue's Fury" alt
holyshit8=/if (!${Me.Song[Thief's Eyes].ID} && ${Target.PctHPs}<99 && ${Me.CombatState.Equal[COMBAT]} && ${Target.Type.Equal[NPC]}) /Disc Thief's Eyes
version=2014.020
ShowAbility=0
ShowAltAbility=0
ShowAttacking=1
ShowBash=0
ShowCasting=0
ShowCombatAbility=0
ShowControl=0
ShowDebug=0
ShowEnrageDebug=1
ShowEnraging=1
ShowFeign=1