MQ2GearScore feedback.

dewey2461

Developer
Reaction score
I have been working on a plugin that would allow me to do quick item comparisons in game. While there are certainly things that should be done it is in a pretty useful state.

http://www.macroquest2.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=18622

If someone here were to pick up the code and make changes I would like to see the changes get reflected back into the source at MQ2 so we don't fragment the code.

Quick read of that thread...wow!!!! Love it. Need to work out way of trying it (I'm non-technical:)

Awesome: rank 4:D

Is there an MMOBugs compiled version...please:)

Last edited:
If someone here were to pick up the code and make changes I would like to see the changes get reflected back into the source at MQ2 so we don't fragment the code.

If you're not trying to closed-source the code, why not put it up on Github or some such, where people can send pull requests with updates/bug-fixes? You know, what source control is all about.

My suggestion would be to make sure this saves out to a configuration, and that configurations have some exceptions.

For example, weapons need to be rated differently than non weapoons, and need to probably be rated by type.

Shields I value AC more than anything else, as it's the only item that gets around some of the caps.

As a rogue, piercer and backstab damage and backstab %+ are all super important, but not so much for other classes.

As a warrior, it may be that you just want a distinction between 1 handers and want to rate the % of aggro mod based on % and proc frequency.

There's tons of caveats to gear picking that I don't think can be solved by score unless you make this highly configurable (with reasonable defaults).

Nice work, great project btw. Not sure if you're doing this to learn or not, but I love people grabbing a problem and seeing what they can do to solve it.

I was thinking of ways to include your plugin into my version of advloot to only loot nodrop if they are upgrades but I didnt see a way to score gear without clicking it. if there is a method to do so, it would be pretty easy to incorporate it into advloot for macs.

The plugin does not always spit out the right answer but it does the job most of the time and I've taken it about as far as I'm going to. I'm looking for two things. Letting folks here know about so HtH / Rob can include it in their distro and secondly to see if there is anyone else who wants to take it the extra mile to really polish it.

I'm afraid to admit I haven't done much of anything with setting up a project for source code control :eek: but that is a good suggestion and one I'll have to look into. I've been meaning to bone up on doing that kind of thing for a while.

Pete: In order to get the item structure you have to open the link. This has code to open links sent in various chat channels.