MQ2CastTimer Locks up

Fixxer

Reaction score
I have been getting set up on the EQ Emulator side of MQ2, and have discovered that when I attempt to toggle the timer window on by typing /timer on, it locks everything up. The only way to get it to do anything is to kill the process from Windows and start over again. Is this the right place to report that sort of thing?

Thanks.

Reactions: EQDAB
Which release of our MQ2: UF, ROF2, ROF2A, etc. Also, which server, and are you using any custom UI?

I am in game using ROF2A, on E9's Profusion, custom UI (Frequency), and it's working fine for me.

I do see a bug with my toggle (on/off or show/hide) options, I will look into that. However, you can just toggle it visible or not by typing: /timer

htw

I am using the natural default UI with an ROF2 client (on my own server I just set up). The server is a vanilla setup as downloaded from eqemulator.org. Typing /timer locks up the whole client process, and I have to use the Task Manager to kill it.

Does it matter if there is a space in the server's shortname? The server's Short name is "BO Server"...

Ok... I confirmed it's a problem in my UI... There are two windows... One says timers, the other says active timers... I may be reporting on the wrong one... Either way, I created a new character with no UI, and the window is there. So I guess I have to start from scratch on my UI because I don't know what part of it is the problem.

I compared the UI_character_server.ini with one that worked and discovered one line that was using a UI that didn't exist. I changed the line to read:

[Main]
UISkin=default

Now the timer window is there. Thanks for helping me work through the process.