MQ2Bot (Old Version - Archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.
extended Targets

Please could I have guidance as to the best way to use the extended targets.

I regularly find the team attacking multiple targets as opposed to all focusing on one.
Team is War, bard, Shaman, druid, mage, Wizard.

Typically War is Tank assist and Puller

extended Targets

Please could I have guidance as to the best way to use the extended targets.

I regularly find the team attacking multiple targets as opposed to all focusing on one.
Team is War, bard, Shaman, druid, mage, Wizard.

Typically War is Tank assist and Puller

Tank in theory has to change targets to keep aggro on them. No use as assist.
Bard has to change targets to mez or debuff them. No use as assist.
Shaman, mage, have to change targets to do pet things. No use as assist.
Shaman, druid, have to change targets to heal. No use as assist.

Set wizard as main assist.
Set all groups extended target slot 1 as "group assist target" or whatever, to always show the wizard's target.
Profit.

Thanks for the feedback.

Does the main tank add the main group main assist as his first extended target as well?

For the last 5-8 levels 44-51, the bard has stopped mezzing. I am pretty sure if is because I have messed about with the ini's.

what is the base requirement to allow mezzing to take place.

Having hit 51 with my team, Plat is becoming an issue - I am burning through plat trying to keep up with spells. I have bought no equipment to date.

As a result I am messing around in Old Sebilis, which used to be a good source fro cash. I have read that the hole is also a good location, however I am less familiar with the hole.

I am looking to create a macro for an enchanter and a wizard to speed up the process of plat collection through AE.

I need a way to pause mQ2bot, and trigger chaincasting of a number of color stun spells ( enchanter), or to chaincast cast AE spells.

I have read petesampras's macro guide, and another post about using certain elements to puse mq2, but having relatively little programming skill, am at a loss as to how to start.

Does the main tank add the main group main assist as his first extended target as well?
Yep. He will tank all the mobs, and focus on the MA's target. With group damage going mostly / totally into that mob, he should not have to do much to hold the other targets, either.

For the last 5-8 levels 44-51, the bard has stopped mezzing. I am pretty sure if is because I have messed about with the ini's.
I don't know if the bot will automem a suitable mez spell in the defaultgem it uses. Mem the bard mez spell you want to use, make sure it's able to function against the mob level you want to use it on. If the mob is over the spell's level, the bard will just not bother to try.
Make sure the mob is not mez immune. First time in a zone, first mez attempt, mez immunes get flagged, and then the bot ignores them until next zone.
With the bot running, on the bard, type /bot usemez=1, it should echo the command in the MQ output window. Now the bard bot should attempt to bard mez whenever there is more than one mob on the hate list / extended target list - provided nothing else causes problems (no spell, immune, etc). If you want it off again, /bot usemez=0 should do it.

a good source fro cash.
Not sure what places are any good these days, with modern game alterations, but seafury cyclops island, in ocean of tears ... they drop lots of cash items and plat, sort of. Easy place and often no-one is there. They aren't mobs you can AE though.

If I was trying to AE, I would not use the bot at all. At least on most of the toons. Maybe on the tank, maybe on the healer, but I don't think it's really set up for that kind of use.
It seems like you are just asking for someone to give you an AE macro set for toon X and Y. Maybe just how I read it. I'm not interested in providing that and I'm not sure what it has to do with this thread.

You can pause the bot, but only by running a macro. That macro might pause the bot and do other things, or it might just pause the bot. Pete did say he put in /bot pause but I could never get it to work.

To pause the bot via macro, include in the macro :
/declare MQ2BotPause bool outer 1
that will pause it.
Either /varset MQ2BotPause 0, to set it to 0 and unpause, or end the macro, which destroys the variable and unpauses the bot.

Otherwise you could just /bot off, which stops the bot, then /bot on, when you want to run it again. The bot on command does a /loadspells, which incurs about a second of delay. I at one point used that, hacked into the gribble macro that is around, to let the macro run it's pull routine, with the bot turned on when the toon got to camp, then off again to pull.

casting a spell a bunch of times can be done using
/casting "some spell" -recast|55
to cast it 55 times. look at the entry in the wiki for MQ2Cast. You have it loaded for the bot to work.

Thanks for the advice.

I am not looking for the macro. I just need advice on how to go about it and the format.

I need the pause line and where it appears in the sequence.

I am adapting the fishing.mac and will let you know how well it works setting up the stun bot.

For some reason there is nothing I can do to change the pet that the bot summons even when changing the line in the INI file. Also, is there a way to have it summon/give pet toys out like in the mac version?

For some reason there is nothing I can do to change the pet that the bot summons even when changing the line in the INI file. Also, is there a way to have it summon/give pet toys out like in the mac version?
You have to have the spell, and you have to have it spelled correctly. Those would be the possible mistakes.

For pet summoning, it will equip gear you have made on command via /petgear

Updated wiki for the commands that weren't on there.

• /petgear <-- Equips 1 piece of pet gear for every slot you have available in inventory. First detected, first added.
  • /invitegroup <-- invites up to 5 other guildies to your group based on proximity.
  • /inviteraid <-- invites nearby guildies to raid
  • /removeaura <-- removes aura from you.

Damm this Plugin is AMAZING!

I really want the Full Access Version:) id love to be a Tester :)

Feel free to PM me if i can help you!

What would be the if condition to put in for sk Hate's Attraction to not cast if the mob is standing right in front of you? It looks a little strange when in mid fight the mob flies up in the air.

The group member is not auto following the Leader, what do I need to do besides the settings in Melee ini file.

AutoFollowLeader=1
AutoFollowSettings=30 healer

Thanks,

What would be the if condition to put in for sk Hate's Attraction to not cast if the mob is standing right in front of you? It looks a little strange when in mid fight the mob flies up in the air.
So say it is Aggro2 when you /loadspells and you want to use Hate's Attraction if the mob is more than 30 distance away

AggroIf2=${Target.Distance}>30

Damm this Plugin is AMAZING!

I really want the Full Access Version:) id love to be a Tester :)

Feel free to PM me if i can help you!
It is all full access and has been for months. Unsure what you mean and why i keep getting emails from people asking for full access.

So say it is Aggro2 when you /loadspells and you want to use Hate's Attraction if the mob is more than 30 distance away

Thank you very much!

Can u pull with this like u can with the macro. .. If so how do u Set it up??

I am trying to transition to this from /mac bot since it is not working for me atm, is there a way to edit the spells that are used sorta like in /mac bot?
I began reading from the end to the beginning but i only got about 20 pages before i lost steam. I dont see the ability in ini, but in the wiki it sorta looks like there may be a way , if so could someone please direct me to the right file location to do so.

Thank you

When the bot is run (/bot on), it does a scan of your current memorized spells.
The bot lists in categories the spells you have mem'd and some it just knows about.
All you can do is change your spell line up, to give it different spells, or category-IF statements to turn off or otherwise limit when it will activate the spells and abilities it lists at start up.

Examples of that would be setting DebuffIf1=0 because you don't want the toon to cast the spell it lists as debuff 1.

Although there is an entry to control pet spell.

By the way, i know an expansion released, and normally I would just go through and add everything myself to detection but i havent even logged into EQ to know what there is new and what does what. So if people can give me exact AA names and generally what category the AA would be used in, I can add them in. I am sure there are also new discs or something too that will need manually categorized.

Shaman really didn't get anything new.

Empowered Focus of Arcanum for dotting resist reducer.

Wind of Pathosis which is just an AE Pathosis (a disease based debuff.)

Spirit leap with is just a forward shadow step.

Spirit of Urgency is the pet that will attack a target and then when the pet dies the mob will be memblurred.

Negation of Subtlety is the new thing that wipes off all of the aggro reducing aa's.

There's still an instant CTD when a merc leaves a group.

Advide please

I have a ranger which I would like to have stood and use archery.

Currently I have melee and range set, however all he wants to do is nuke and whack things.

What am I missing when requiring a preference for archery when target is at a range.

Status
Not open for further replies.