MQ2Bot (Old Version - Archived)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, i see what might be causing self buffs and a few other beneficial series to stop casting after the first spell. I have also temporarily disabled partial access, so it is all full access so that I can eliminate different versions and different possibilities. This is entirely untested but didnt kick out any compiling errors so I am hoping it works.

Build 9/4/2014 12:55:32 PM.

Last edited:
Quick question.

What does everyone prefer, afollow or stick?

Right now I do a /multiline ; /bca //target Toon; /bca //stick 30 healer

To stop I do a /bca //target Self

Thanks Pete, hopefully will get tested a bit later on and some feedback.

I also meant to post before, that the bot pause command never did seem to work. I tried variations .. /bot pause /bot pause=1 and so on, and nothing caused the bot to pause. I know you put something in but you were initially reluctant so I left it be.

I am using a 5 line macro and setting the variable, as you had mentioned. A bot pause toggle would be preferrable, as this harness means other macros can't be used really, but on the other hand, it works so /shrug.

I was also wondering if there is an point in a variation on something already - /bot refreshspells or something. The intent is to make the bot care about the current spells you have memd. Currently when I change spell lineup, I /bot off and /bot on, but possibly this does more initialisation than is needed for just refreshing and noticing 2 of the spells changed to different ones. /bot off /bot on works though.
I guess some of the reason for that is some toons I have are still levelling. Some of the reason is switching the spell set to buff and then switching to a normal combat set.

Oh - the other reason was I had sets of spells for fire immune mobs, ice immune, etc. And this also caused me to notice, we have some immunity lists but not fire/ice/magic. Was this something you were thinking of including in the long run? I know it's in the macro bot, but maybe you had pos/neg thoughts about how it really plays out.
For now I switched sets manually and /bot off /bot on. It felt like I should be adding the mob to "fire immune" or "Fire resistant" list, and maybe even be able to have the bot switch to FireImmuneSpellSet and re-init, where FireImmuneSpellSet and NormalSpellSet=somesavedspellset

that kind of keeps it still up to the player to pick spells (none in ini file) and the bot inits again and just goes to work based on that.

I know I could get there with macros, mostly I guess it would be add to an immunity list, check if current mob is on immunity list, switch if so and there is a spell set, and re-init.

I don't always, but I am playing with using a bard as puller - lots of fun and options of course.

Currently my group moves around with the non-bard group leader being my main movement toon, autofollowleader=1, and then when at a place I want to stop, I have buttons to /bca //bot autofollowleader= on or off, making them all stop there.

With the bard marked as group puller, I then have it singing restwtist. I'm about to pull, so ... I want it to stop, manual mode for everything.
I hit a macro button that pauses the bot.
Rest twist carries on.
I manually do the pull, stopping the song if it's in the way.
I come back to camp and unpause, and the bot fights, no prob.

Maybe rest twist needs to be stopped when the bot goes into pause mode? Maybe rest twist should be stopped when the toon is marked as puller?

What are other folks doing for this?

Is there a way to /command set or unset someone as group flags like puller (or tank for that matter)?

Edit : Had another idea, maybe if there is resttwistIF then I would put something there to check group average health and mana are high enough, and that would turn off the rest twist. This might be more generically useful, since it would stop the thing singing health/power when we are just standing around.

Last edited:
MQ2Bot Crashing on Pet Heals

I quit playing my SK, Mage, and Necro because I like MQ2Bot but it crashes everytime any of these characters healed a pet. Tonight, I was playing my Enchanter with MQ2Bot, and it created a pet. Then, my Pally healed the pet when it's health was low. The Enchanter crashed within seconds.

Found and fixed the buff issue, though the thing i added previously was also needed.

@ crashes, I just ran through and killed a bunch of mobs with SK + pet, mage + pet, sham, clr using different combos and I couldnt get a crash. So before i dig any deeper.. my question is: Are you using this on test server or an EMU? Because if so, that version requires being compiled by Fry for test version.

Buff fix:
Build 9/5/2014 2:05:38 PM.

EDIT: I also touched up /bot pause, but then forgot to test it. ^_^. I do actually have tomorrow off and Fry hooked me up with a VPN that worked nicely, so I can once again do updates.

@ other spell immunities, yes I can set them up and you can manually add them to the list to be checked if you want. i stopped actually using the immunities after like OoW so i didnt see the need to add it into the plugin.

some sort of twistif setting isnt a terrible idea, though it shouldnt process it if paused i dont think.. i will double check. the command to manually stop twist is /bottwist off

Last edited:
Regarding pet heal crashes :
I was running an enc and regularly charming an additional mob for dps boost, and had no problems, it would be healed, no crashes.

I noticed that at one point a nearby group had a pet and the bot was trying to heal that. Not sure if Pete pointed me at a setting or altered the bot but that was resolved, and things were fine, pet healing etc.

After a recent-ish update, I happened to not be charming at all in my play. And then a day ago I thought - I'll stick a charm on that mob and it will aggro the mob next-to, as the pull. Charm landed, enc crashed immediately, group stood round looking confused.

I don't use an actual pet class so I can't offer any recent experience with that, but my wife has a necro and was having no problems with using the pet, pet healing, other toons healing it, etc. She has not played in a week or so though.

Pete, still having issues with Mage ctd when pet is up

I play on live server.

Seems to be a conflict with any follow command (/follow, /stick 30 healer) command while using a Pet. I have tried it using the AutoFollowLeader=1 in the ini, /stick 30 healer from a hothey, and even just the /follow command

This is how I am getting a CTD ever time (set any toon as leader and the mage follows the Leader), ive done the testing in DeadHills and Dragonscale.
1. group with leader.
2. Run mq2Bot on mage with no pet and pet summoning turned off in the ini.
3. Use any follow command (in or out of macro).
4. move around with mage following leader.(if no movement no crash)
5. Stop and summon pet
6. immediate CTD every time.

If the pet is already up, it is taking anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes but the same applies, CTD. i have tried turning every setting in the ini to =0 so the bot will only do what is hard coded and it still CTD.

Standard, live server? yes
BotVersion? 20140905.1405
What OS are you using? Windows 8
Are you using wineq/isxeq? No
Preferably a log of your spells.mac I sent this to you just the other day via email, nothing has changed
What was going on at the time? following

Last edited:
Concerning pets

I play on live servers...

When I ran my SK he was extremely unstable when I had a pet summoned. Sometimes it would crash immediately, sometimes in 30-40 mins or so.

But, once I stop summoning the SK pet, the SK ran for hours with no issues what so ever.

It has been a week or so since I played SK.

Ran this on two accounts and all went well.

Bumped it up to 4 accounts and 2 got run time errors. The error box was frozen though so ill attach a debugger to it later and get the actual issue for you.

The classes of the 2 sessions that crashed would probably help. The bot is in regular use for multiple sessions. It's not the fact that you added 2, or made it to 4 sessions. It's something specific with the 2 that crashed.

If they are pet classes, it is likely a bug Pete is looking into atm.

The account that keeps crashing is my enchanter and she crashes during movement but only sometimes. I'll try to dig some more in to this. Sometimes I can keep playing with the error box up and other times it completely freezes. I can't, however, see what the error box says because it is always frozen and just displays a white box.

I havent been able to log into eq for weeks now. My ISP appears to be blocking the connect from char select into world. I can VPN around, but it makes my ping up to 16k at times.. yes.. 16 seconds. It takes about 30 minutes to log in 6 toons when it is like that. I just dont have that kind of time. So I will attempt every few days to see if it clears up, but I may just have to opensource the code or something because I cant reliably do updates as is.

Most crashes in the past have been xtarget related or with a spawn existing and then suddenly not existing, even as a corpse. So if you are fighting mobs that leave no corpses, I dont have a solution to the problem yet.
Sorry to hear you are having issues. Hope all goes well. If you want, I can look into picking this up until you come back, but entirely up to you.

As far as the "open source" part, just be sure you remove and and all code you ripped from other plugins of ours, before you do so. Thanks. (I know you know what I mean, from that other RIP site, who has a dumbass for a admin/dev/whatever-the-fuck-you-call-him).

htw

ran this on my 94 shaman last night... it. was. beautiful.

Please don't open source this, Pete!

I love the fact that MMOBugs has this and that Redguides doesn't! :)

Very cool of you HTW to offer to pick this up for Pete while he's off saving the world.

Guess I haven't reported this.

Clicky nukes does not fire off Shaman Epic.

Also, can we get BP added to Shaman heals?

I have been noticing the last patch the shaman switches targets and ends up casting Heals on Mobs and Slows on PC's.

Not sure if it's just me or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteSampras: Most crashes in the past have been xtarget related or with a spawn existing and then suddenly not existing, even as a corpse. So if you are fighting mobs that leave no corpses, I dont have a solution to the problem yet.

MY RESPONSE:
This has not been an issue for me. I run the J5 quest almost every day just for the experience, and there are five mobs in that quest that leave no corpse. The bot runs seemlessly through these. It's the pet heals that are causing me to crash. I have worked around it by not using any pet classes, and I can run MQ2Bot for 6 hours straight with no issues as long as I have no pets.I run MQ2Bot every day for 4 to 6 hours with 6 different toons at a time. It was difficult to give up my Enchanter, but even if the healer healed her pet the Ench would crash.

If you want to make this plugin work for you, then you need either Pally or Warrior for tank. You need Cleric for healer, and Bard for mezzer. DPS can be all Wizards or you can throw in a Ranger or a Monk to offtank. Ranger seems to work best for off tanking because he can head shot and he can help heal.

Last edited:
Most crashes in the past have been xtarget related or with a spawn existing and then suddenly not existing, even as a corpse. So if you are fighting mobs that leave no corpses, I dont have a solution to the problem yet.

This has not been an issue for me. I run the J5 quest almost every day just for the experience, and there are five mobs in that quest that leave no corpse. The bot runs seemlessly through these. It's the pet heals that are causing me to crash. I have worked around it by not using any pet classes, and I can run MQ2Bot for 6 hours straight with no issues as long as I have no pets.

Status
Not open for further replies.