MQ2Bot Healing

skidmachine

Lifetimer
Reaction score
is there any way to debug what's up with healing on Rof2 using mq2bot?

Here's the current situation, on PEQTGC... newbie group.

scribed the healing spells on both shaman and cleric.

Shaman will heal (salve)
Cleric refuses (minor healing)

Occasionally casters and/or melee also refuse to assist.. could it be something to do with different TLO between live and emu or something? Out for a bit but I'll be back on messing around soon.

Could be several different reasons, but mostly I'd assume it's because of the older code base for bot.

htw

does the cleric recognize that as a heal spell?

are your melees turning attack on but not moving to the target? if so, mq2melee stick settings.

does the cleric recognize that as a heal spell?

are your melees turning attack on but not moving to the target? if so, mq2melee stick settings.

Running spells.mac it appears so
[08/08/2015 16:26:15] Heal0=Minor Healing

With the melee/casters, they will assist if forced (say tossing one manual nuke) or hugging super close or closest to an undead.. but I think it's only if they actually get on the hatelist for the mob. I know they are totally useless if you attack an indifferent mob like the first ones in gloomingdeep.. i had crept in to kos mobs before reporting (I'd have to assume the no indifferent killing is some kind of safeguard). It appears even if I'm fighting a kos mob, if they aren't actually on the mobs hatelist they have no interest in participating.

Xtarget1 is set to group assists target.

Last edited:
TLO issue
No such 'target' member 'Mezzed' even with mq2mmotlo loaded

The assisting problem only happens on mobs with really low aggro radius. You get the possible add information but don't engage. Hopefully other zones don't share the issue

Also got new healing spell "Light Healing" cleric still does not cast

Last edited:
TLO issue
No such 'target' member 'Mezzed' even with mq2mmotlo loaded

The assisting problem only happens on mobs with really low aggro radius. You get the possible add information but don't engage. Hopefully other zones don't share the issue

Also got new healing spell "Light Healing" cleric still does not cast
Target.Mezzed is core compile. That may or may not be added on your emu compile.

These are all the one's I've found that aren't present.

htw could they be added?

No such 'xtarget' member 'Master'
No such 'spawn' member 'Buff'
No such 'target' member 'Mezzed'

Oh man you're trying to use mq2bot on emu server ? Im shocked it works at all.

Oh man you're trying to use mq2bot on emu server ? Im shocked it works at all.
it will work on any emu that it is compiled in, supposing they have the TLOs. And technically i can change the TLOs so it only uses mq2bot ones. I guess i dont really have a reason not to change them, i just havent. I just dont do any of the compiling for emu. That is a fry/htw thing.

That'd be awesome if you can Pete, would definitely appreciate it

I can guarantee you the quickest way for support to be dropped for any emu compatility is to move it away from what it is now (TLOs, for example). If that happens, no offense, but I'm done with it.

Also, the ones you mention skid, aren't even part of MQ2MMOTLO, they are part of core, but just were not part of it at the time of the ROF2 release. In order for those to work at all, then the core code we use on whichever EMU needs changed, i.e. changing mq2bot itself wouldn't even fix it. Best he can do is rip it out (and then you have a different codebase to maintain).

Anyway - I am not being offensive, just busy enough that I won't start backing out / splitting code. I'm glad to add to the list for adding newer support to older (emu) code, just not the other way around.

htw

So if the rof2 rqemu code gets updated to have the necessary tlo and such it could be possible? Just trying to make sure I understand what you're saying. Thanks

Exactly. There is some stuff we would need to backport to core, so that it's available in emu. It's always possible something specific would need workaround (if it's in live data, but not in emu), but those should be minimal vs. the rof2 client (and we would just use a preprocessor macro so that would be automatic, so only maintaining 1 code base for it).

htw

What htw really means:

iu