MQ2AutoSkills and Taunt

Joemama

Reaction score
I just started using Autoskills for the first time the other night. The main reason I wanted it was for auto taunt, so I didn't have to pay attention to the warrior I was boxing while I pulled on the monk I box on the same PC.

However, I have yet to see Autoskills use the taunt ability.

Does anyone know if it only taunts when I don' t have aggro, or is it broken?

Plus the fact that taunt doesn't need to be activated continually...only if you lose it or to gain it, initially.

However, if you switch to MQ2melee be prepared for it to utilize every taunting ability your warrior has, whether he needs to use it or not...which I guess would be good for you if you're trying to raise skills...but personally, I dislike it going thru them all when there's no need to.

That's why I pretty much stopped using it unless I send my warrior out to solo and want to be lazy and not punch keys.

I just started using Autoskills for the first time the other night. The main reason I wanted it was for auto taunt, so I didn't have to pay attention to the warrior I was boxing while I pulled on the monk I box on the same PC.

However, I have yet to see Autoskills use the taunt ability.

Does anyone know if it only taunts when I don' t have aggro, or is it broken?

It only taunts when you lose agro or dont have agro to start with yes. Do you really want to taunt anyway if you have agro?

It works very well the very instant you drop off HoTT a taunt is issued.

Well, the only reason I want it to chain taunt, is because I box a warrior, monk, cleric, wizard and enchanter.

So, if the wizard should happen to get a big crit or something and the mob instantly turns to run over to the wizard, then the warrior will be standing there facing nothing while the wizard is getting beat down a few feet away. Even if AutoSkills would instantly taunt the second the wiz gets aggro, if that first taunt fails, the mob is still OTM to the wizard.

That's why I chain taunt, and every so often throw in a Bazu Bellow if I see the wiz crit'ing.

So the prospect of MQ2Melee *always* taunting sounds cool, but at the same time it will *always* use Bazu Bellow also? 'Cause chain bellowing really drains the endurance on the little crappy warrior =P

The you clearly dont understand how taunt works.

Simply to sum it up chain taunting helps you in no shape form or fashion.

You only need the taunt once the wizard takes agro. If it fails it fails....but chaining taunt does absolutely nothing for you.

Plus the fact, that if you're chaining taunt just for the sake of it...then, if one of your other toons does something to pull aggro away from you, your taunt ability will probably be greyed out from your chaining and you have lost one means of pulling aggro back onto yourself.

And yes, MQ2melee will utilize taunt, bazu bellow, blast of anger and any other abilities you have...whirl, etc. and your endurance will decrease rapidly. About every 7-8 fights you'll have to sit and regen, most likely.

Aggro is best managed by need...when you have it, nothing needed...when you lose it, you better have a button ready to push to get it back or else just watch your caster get whacked on and hope your weapon's proc can get it back :)