Question Monk abilities

Sivv

Reaction score
Hello, I have tried searching the forums but I'm rather new. Sorry if this has been posted already.

I am trying to use MQ2Bot for my monk. However, after activating /melee (I've scrolled through all the items listed and activated the ones that I'll need) it still seems quite a few abilities are not being used.

Dichotomic Form
Spires
Destructive Force
Ironfist Disc
Firestorm of Fists
Hoshkar's Fang
Curse of the Thirteen
Doomwalker's Precision

As stated above, apologies if there's an easy fix or this has been posted before. I tried looking on the forums but was unable to find a solution.

Thank you in advance!

Generally the answer is:

A: Ask for them to be added to melee

B: Add them your self as a "holyshit"

Some of those you may want control of as they are "burns".

ps. a "holyshit" is method melee has for you to add your own "if (some condition) then (do something)".

For example: ( Add this to your server_character.ini , example bertox_monk.ini )

holyflag1=1
holyshit1=/if (${Cast.Ready[Firestorm of Fists]}) /casting "Firestorm of Fists"

holyflag1=1

Thank you for your response! If I add that to my .ini file, will it load automatically or will I need to load it manually somehow?

Thank you for your response! If I add that to my .ini file, will it load automatically or will I need to load it manually somehow?
If you're not in game, it will get loaded normally like other options when you log toon in. If you are already in game and make any changes to your [MQMelee] section of your ini (and save it), you can make that active by doing in game: /melee load

htw

If you're not in game, it will get loaded normally like other options when you log toon in. If you are already in game and make any changes to your [MQMelee] section of your ini (and save it), you can make that active by doing in game: /melee load

htw

Oh awesome, thank you!

So I added the code that was provided to me, however it does not use Firestorm of Fists. Anything else in particular that I need to do?

To clarify, when I type /melee the code does show up as holyshit1

Last edited:
Oh awesome, thank you!

So I added the code that was provided to me, however it does not use Firestorm of Fists. Anything else in particular that I need to do?

To clarify, when I type /melee the code does show up as holyshit1
Ok it should.

Let's make sure you're in the right place.

In your MQ2 folder, look for your character general INI file, it's called servername_charname.ini (e.g. Slade on Povar is povar_slade.ini)

Open that in editor, find section [MQ2Melee]

Under that section (it needs to be somewhere under that section, i.e. between [MQ2Melee] and whatever the next section is called, e.g. [MQ2DoCrack]).

In that section, make sure you have only 1 of each, i.e. don't duplicate a setting.

Add those entries in that section, e.g. here is one of mine:

Code:
[MQ2Melee]
ancestral=20
bfeigndelay=1500
bow=32531
breath=15
cloud=30
cripple=1
defer=20
disarm=1
downflag0=1
eaglestrike=1
enrage=1
enragingkick=25
facing=1
feigndeath=30
flinch=5
flyingkick=1
gouge=1
groupcheck=1
heel=30
holyflag0=1
impenetrable=10
infuriate=1
kick=1
leopardclaw=30
melee=1
mend=20
monkey=20
override=1
palm=1
petenrage=1
petinfuriate=1
petmend=20
petrange=75
plugin=1
provoke0=469
provokeend=20
provokemax=1
provokeonce=1
range=170
respite=50
resume=90
roundkick=1
scaledfist=30
slam=1
sneakdelay=1000
stickbreak=1
stickmode=1
stickrange=90
stun0=469
stunning=1
stunningkick=1
synergy=40
throwstone=40
tigerclaw=1
vigshuriken=30
wind=10
downshit0=/if (${Spell[Master's Aura].Stacks[3]} && !${Me.AuraInfo[Master's Aura].ID} && !${Me.Moving} && !${Me.Invis} && ${Me.State.Equal[STAND]} && !${Me.Casting.ID}) /disc Master's Aura
downshitif=${If[!${Window[TradeskillWnd].Open} && ${MMOBugs.FreeBuffs}>0 && ${Me.CombatState.NotEqual[COMBAT]} && !${Me.Invis} && !${Me.Moving} && !${Me.Casting.ID} && !${Me.Buff[Revival Sickness].ID} && ${Me.State.Equal[STAND]} && !${Select[${Zone.ID},344,202,151,279]},1,0]}
enrageif=${If[!${Me.Song[Master's Aura Effect].ID},1,0]}
holyshit0=/if (${Spell[Master's Aura].Stacks[3]} && !${Me.AuraInfo[Master's Aura].ID} && !${Me.Moving} && !${Me.Invis} && ${Me.State.Equal[STAND]} && !${Me.Casting.ID}) /disc Master's Aura
stickcmd=12 moveback loose
version=2016.113
ShowAbility=0
ShowAltAbility=0
ShowAttacking=1
ShowBash=1
ShowCasting=1
ShowCombatAbility=1
ShowControl=1
ShowDebug=0
ShowEnrageDebug=1
ShowEnraging=1
ShowFeign=1
ShowMoveUtilsDebug=0
ShowOverride=1
ShowProvoking=1
ShowRange=1
ShowSkills=1
ShowSpecial=1
ShowSticking=1
ShowStrike=0
ShowStunning=1
ShowSwitching=1
CADelay=0
AADelay=0
SpellDelay=0
SkillDelay=0
PotionDelay=0
DownDelay=0
HolyDelay=0
DownCycleDelay=0
HolyCycleDelay=0

Now that you added your holyshit1 and holyflag1 entries, save the file.

In game, type: /melee load
Then verify with: /melee

htw

Here's the code, can you confirm that it is correct?

I've confirmed that it's under MQ2Melee and loaded in game however it does not cast.

We all start the same, success is thru learning effectivly.

Here's the code, can you confirm that it is correct?

I've confirmed that it's under MQ2Melee and loaded in game however it does not cast.

Seriously sounds like :rolleyes: someone NEEDS some basic info, like where to start learning. Try this BEFORE silly basic questions
HTML:
https://www.mmobugs.com/wiki/
Here is where the op-manuals, details on how it all works is found. And should answer years of questions to come. Hint: many plugins interoperate with others (require other plugins to do their job). Another suggestion is to make a habit of reading "New Posts" every visit, to learn of most anything new or unusual that's popped up. Please refer to the "Macro" forums when ready, for examples and ideas. It's a lot to consume but the results are nothing short of amazing what can be done. Welcome to MMOBugs. NEVER forget to use all this smartly (go back & reread the home page). And before you get hostile over this post, I'm trying to both protect you and help you with your education. :cool: