MQ2AASpend downloading every day?

Golem

Lifetimer
Reaction score
I am currently having to download mq2aaspend every day. Is it being updated every day or is there a bug?

I am currently having to download mq2aaspend every day. Is it being updated every day or is there a bug?
Just being updated a lot. There are a few ways to ignore it, if it bothers you.

htw

I'll go ahead and post how, in case you (or anyone else) wants to ignore any update, including this one.

First, the simplest way, is to delete it (if you never use the plugin). If the plugin is not in the mq2 directory, then automatic updates won't offer to update it for you. You could still see it if you "Check For Updates" from the tray (it won't be automatically selected, but you can check it on).

Second, is you can configure loader to ignore certain updates always. Edit (or create) MMOLoader.ini in your MQ2 dir, and any plugin listed under [Date_Exclusions] that is non-zero, will be ignored - always.

Example:
[Date_Exclusions]
MQ2AASpend.dll=1

Third, you could turn off automatic updates entirely. It would be best not to, but that's up to you. You just add patchme on the end of the command for loader, just like you would for eqgame. Example: C:\MQ2\MMOLoader.exe patchme

htw

Thank you! Not so much that there is the download, just that it is everyday :)

I'll do the steps you provided. Thanks again!