MQ Trackers in game?

elf2000

Lifetimer
Reaction score
Recently ive been hearing, that theirs quite a few trackers setup in game to catch piggy zoners. The best example I would have, was that gnome in guild hall that you had to say "test subject" to to get inside, and back out. He was placed their so that if you warped strait threw the zone, it would pickup for the GM's? I have also heard of one's in many other zones? (I know that tracker is gone currently)

Anyone have details on this, or if another post was made somewhere in regards to the same question, someone mind posting the link? If this is true, what all zones do any of you know they are in for certain, and what are the chances of getting busted with this?

They dont need to set up npcs like the Translocator in guildlobby to track this. If your worried about your account I wouldnt use this as its one of the more easily tracked active hacks. They can just run a check on time in zone and if you re zoned to your original zone or not.

elf2000 said:
Recently ive been hearing, that theirs quite a few trackers setup in game to catch piggy zoners. The best example I would have, was that gnome in guild hall that you had to say "test subject" to to get inside, and back out. He was placed their so that if you warped strait threw the zone, it would pickup for the GM's? I have also heard of one's in many other zones? (I know that tracker is gone currently)

Anyone have details on this, or if another post was made somewhere in regards to the same question, someone mind posting the link? If this is true, what all zones do any of you know they are in for certain, and what are the chances of getting busted with this?
When the gnomes were there, you could still get out of/into the Guild Lobby fine normally. How would having them there catch hackers?

Btw most of the "tracker" npc's people refer to in the game were in actuality, a log npc that recorded zone activity for the sake of debugging raid scripts. They were common in raid zones and you could only see them on the map or sometimes if you did see them, they were invisible but had a tag over their name. Sony/Verant used 'em to help find problems when people were giving feedback on script behavior.

jimjohnson said:
They dont need to set up npcs like the Translocator in guildlobby to track this. If your worried about your account I wouldnt use this as its one of the more easily tracked active hacks. They can just run a check on time in zone and if you re zoned to your original zone or not.

Is there a link or list of some of the "hotter" active hacks to steer clear of while getting familiar with the tool?

New here, just poking around, and don't want to do anything stupid.

Just stay away from using anything public and you should be fine. Nothing in our compile should get you banned unless you are reported by another player.

Fry.