Moving character to another account questions

Darkheart

Reaction score
How would I go about this. I have a character that I recently obtained that I am not so sure about. I dont have the secret question is it possible to move this to another account? If so how would I do this. I contacted Soe online tech support and to change it they want information that I dont have. any tips. help? Thx in advance

You should be able to go through the automated transfer without needing the SQ , but if you cant do that , there is nothing else you can do without it.

I remember reading something about making about making another account witheh same name or something to transfer it to. how doese this work. what do I need to make sure I do so it goes smoothly?

start up patcher, create acct using same first and last names as the acct you purchased, once created log into "my acct" and verify first/last names are correct. Then Try and log into the game and it will say you need a subscription/game, purchase expansion through SOE online form. Then add credit card information and add subscription.

then follow automated instant transfer. worked 3x for me

steve

1. Make New Account with same last name First name as the account your
moving the character off of.
example. old account: First name: Derf last Name: Sad
new account First name: Derf last name: Sad
Note: Doesn't hurt to make all the emails the same.

2. Log into New account and make sure New Account has same expansions
as the account your moving a toon off of or more expansions.

3. Make sure the new account has active subscribtion.

4. Log back onto account you want to move toon off of and do the instant
transfer.

5. Log onto new account with which your toon got moved onto.

I also made sure the address on the account was the same. The only catch is, the zip code you use is the zip code on your credit card rather than whatever the zip code on the old account was. It seems weird, but sony doesn't match the zip to the address.

Ultimately, it might not even matter, but I did exactly what the others in this thread are advising + inputted the same address with my credit card and zip code info.

end result?

so the end result is that it worked? with matching names, billing credit cards & address, and emails ? i am about to do the same thing here in the next day or two. when my expansion shows up in the mail.

I thought this forum may be able to help me with this transfer.

I got my original account with my name, info, etc.
I leveled a second character that I now want to move to another account AND I wanted some VET AAs so I could still use the Lesson Exp Vet AA.
So I bought a account that had at least the Lesson Vet AA available to a new character.

Here's how I have setup the Station Account Info:

My original account:
first name: mine
last name: mine
email address: mine
ZIP: my current zipcode
I know my secret question
I know my secret answer

Account I bought:
first name: some other person
last name: some other person
email address: mine
ZIP: my current zipcode
I know the secret question.
I know the secret answer for the account.

I do have my usual VISA card that has my name and ZIP attached.

My idea:
I can get one of those VISA "gift cards" that you pre-load with money so it doesn't have any info attached. This way I can tell Sony "any" zipcode and both will have the same correct billing info.

Is this a good way to do it?

Can you tell me a better way if you have a better idea?

1. Make New Account with same last name First name as the account your
moving the character off of.
example. old account: First name: Derf last Name: Sad
new account First name: Derf last name: Sad
Note: Doesn't hurt to make all the emails the same.

2. Log into New account and make sure New Account has same expansions
as the account your moving a toon off of or more expansions.

3. Make sure the new account has active subscribtion.

4. Log back onto account you want to move toon off of and do the instant
transfer.

5. Log onto new account with which your toon got moved onto.

Does this still work? I can't find any "instant transfer" options.

Instant transfer has been taken down, and as posted by a CSR on eqlive boards "do not expect it to come back up". Currently in order to do character moves you have to open a petition.

Instant transfer has been taken down, and as posted by a CSR on eqlive boards "do not expect it to come back up". Currently in order to do character moves you have to open a petition.

Ya, last time i tried to move a character from one account to another via petition i had to give the guys at SOE a sample of my DNA, that's how retardedly anal they were about transfering one of my characters. It was nuts. I told them i didn't have a cd key because i bought the game from their own website via digital download and the guy kept sending me messages back saying they needed my cd key... lol SOE support is the worst i've ever seen in any mmo.

Ya, last time i tried to move a character from one account to another via petition i had to give the guys at SOE a sample of my DNA, that's how retardedly anal they were about transfering one of my characters. It was nuts. I told them i didn't have a cd key because i bought the game from their own website via digital download and the guy kept sending me messages back saying they needed my cd key... lol SOE support is the worst i've ever seen in any mmo.

How long ago was this? They have loosened up a good bit. I recently had a toon transfered from an account I own, to an account I don't even own (sold a toon to a member here). He had set up my name and my birthdate on the account he made, and via petition I got the toon moved without a problem (though, it took like a week+ after all was said and done). I supplied them with next to no information about the account I was xfering the toon to, and very little info about the account I was transfering from. They asked no questions, and didn't hesitate a bit to do the transfer.

a month ago took them 2 weeks and a half a dozen emails to do a transfer from accounts i've owned since the dawn of time. same billing info. same credit card info. kept asking me for info i'd already provided them. pro.

It was very recently, i would say about a month ago that i had to go through all that hassle.

Entirely depends on who you get. Some will be very anal. The others will be very anal at first, but if you are ultra nice and be like PREEEEEEAZZZZ, they will do it.

so what if you dont have the date of birth? I have been trying to get my friend i got a ranger off of and he is like gone now i dont know what happened to him. do you have to have the same date of birth or what??

I can get you the birthday for 25$ =)

The only thing I ever make the same is the name on the account. It's worked for both instant and manual xfers.