Move petition denied

EverquestBB

I got a fever . . .
Reaction score
Website
www.business.umt.edu
I tried to move an account today via the petition system and for the first time since I have been trying this (when I had all the info at least), I was denied.

I did the petition with a very believable set of circumstances as to why the various cards in the history and I had everything from the original date of birth, first cd key and the last 4 of every card in the history. They told me to call in and give the credit card information (they can no longer do this in petitions or chat sessions) which I promtply did. But when I got on the phone and gave them the cc info they put me on hold and decided to deny the move because the name on the card I planned to use for the move was a new card to the account. I asked if it was a question of ownership and they said no, but that they denied it because some of the log-ins on the account were from overseas. I gave them the business about me quitting EQ if they did not move it and tried to be as polite as possible while I explained to them I was simply asking to be allowed TO GIVE THEM MONEY for this but they still denied the request and said that I would have to wait. They went on to add that although it is common to allow moves more than every 6 months, they are not required to and the fact that someone else had accessed my account was a violation of the EULA (duh). I told him if they enforced that rule they would be out of jobs and then asked him to run this up the chain for me (which he claims he did) but in the end the character cannot be moved now until the instant is up this winter.

That was a first in my experience and I guess the lesson for me is that I should have put my card on the account and used it for billing purposes for a few months BEFORE I tried to move it. Sadly, I just bought the account (from someone here who is apparently in the military) with the intention of moving it. I really though that since I had all the OO info they would not even care about chain of custody.

I guess the economy in San Diego is better than I thought.

Last edited:
Why would Sony care? that has always made me wonder.

On one hand you get 50 bucks, on the other you get....uhhhhhhhhhhh

Not very economically sound.

when the 6 months is up, buy a new account with the same info as the one you have now. Put in a transfer to move that character from the old account to the new account on the server you want. That way, as far as I know, you'll be the original owner of that character

Call back. Try again. That's how you get things done. Not a single person over their in their customer service is consistant.

That was a first in my experience and I guess the lesson for me is that I should have put my card on the account and used it for billing purposes for a few months BEFORE I tried to move it. Sadly, I just bought the account (from someone here who is apparently in the military) with the intention of moving it. I really though that since I had all the OO info they would not even care about chain of custody.

This reinforces my stance to all of you who buy characters. Make the person you are buying from perform the transfer for you. Do not buy a character that the seller will not do the transfer for you, even if they supply all the information.

Call back. Try again. That's how you get things done. Not a single person over their in their customer service is consistant.

Yes, I would suggest you calling back as well, multiple times if you have to.

You might have just gotten the one guy who hates his job so much that he's a complete grumple (TM) about everything. I know there is one guy that does e-mail petition who never performs them for me, Eryk N, I believe is his name.

If you ran into a guy that is giving you shit, just call back or create a new petition. Try, try again. :)

Yes, I would suggest you calling back as well, multiple times if you have to.

I definitely will be calling back. I am not sure how much of these "transcripts" get recorded into the account info but I am about to find out. One thing I can tell you for sure, though, is that they ARE watching IPs in customer service.

This reinforces my stance to all of you who buy characters. Make the person you are buying from perform the transfer for you. Do not buy a character that the seller will not do the transfer for you, even if they supply all the information.

I kinda disagree...

I've sold several accounts where instant is up, and I've told buyer they can transfer on thier own. Reason being, I used a prepaid credit card to make the account so that my real credit card is not tied to the account, and I feel safe giving prepaid CC info to buyer. If I did the xfer, I'd have to put another CC on file for the account.

I kinda disagree...

I've sold several accounts where instant is up, and I've told buyer they can transfer on thier own. Reason being, I used a prepaid credit card to make the account so that my real credit card is not tied to the account, and I feel safe giving prepaid CC info to buyer. If I did the xfer, I'd have to put another CC on file for the account.

Sure, but what happens for someone like EverquestBB with your example? Granted there is a difference from a gamecard account and an account with CC's, but more times then not an account has been paid with CC's in past.

Sure, but what happens for someone like EverquestBB with your example? Granted there is a difference from a gamecard account and an account with CC's, but more times then not an account has been paid with CC's in past.

*This*

This.

The CS for EQ is the biggest crap shoot in history. Best I can tell there is no training or standards for anything whatsoever. What happens is 100% dependent on the person you talk to and their mood of the day. Goes imo for every aspect of the game and anything you could petition.

i feel for ya... i had a charge back not long ago... and i was not the original account owner but i still talk to the owner everyday.. and sony said they would not re oppen the account because we cant track the credit card down that was used 10 years ago? but we even remebered the answer to the secret question... we offered to send drivers liscenes for varification and they said sorry... it will remain closed till you can get the original cc information.... i know this isnt for moving a charecter but just reflecting on there shitty cs that they have....

You might have just gotten the one guy who hates his job so much that he's a complete grumple (TM) about everything. I know there is one guy that does e-mail petition who never performs them for me, Eryk N, I believe is his name.

If you ran into a guy that is giving you shit, just call back or create a new petition. Try, try again. :)

YES! Eryk N sucks. If you get him, you're screwed. Anyone else seems to get the job done. It sucks, but that's just the way it is.

eryk is the one i got... seems he is trying to loose business for the company, as much as i spend monthly for accounts to stay active .. you would think they would be a little more willing to help out vs loosing 75$ a month.... na thats a drop in the bucket for them

Since eryk isn't the one getting the money from the sale he couldn't give a shit.

I use to sit in a customer service call center after high school while i did my homework. Needless to say I was much more interested in my homework than in whatever you had to say.

Surprisingly I got two raises and a division manager promotion because I was so "Dilligent" or something.

CSR

The CSR who took my call was Reggie. He was nice about things but it seemed like his hands were tied. Would they put a "flag" on an account to tell CSRs not to move the account in case I call back?

Not that I know of. I've called right afterwards once and got it handled by someone else.