MMOLoader autoclosing

The new loader is getting flagged as infected by my virus scanner. Symantec Endpoint Protection...
Any of the loaders have been doing that for months - hell, maybe a year - with any symantec. You will have to exclude it.

htw

Symantec is the real malware.

--

Thanks Fry!

As of April 12, 2015...problem is occuring again for me

Followed all steps as prescribed on previous posts and replies yet the must current update i can find is for march 31 2015....i imagine theres newer but home pages doesn't show any newer

Alexandra:
I just checked, and is working ok here. You have the latest I assume for loader and eqlaunch? In eqlaunch config, you have the proper directory listed for MQ2 directory?

Kokopelli2014:
Are you meaning for loader, or the compile? For the compile, latest is always listed in the sticky (in this forum), in the latest notice (won't see it if you dismissed it, but you can see it from your User CP / Dismissed Notices), and the right side of the site home page (MMOBugs - EverQuest's Largest MacroQuest2 Community). Currently the compile release is: 31 March 2015. If for loader, it goes by versions, not by date - and latest currently is 4.0.0.31.

For live servers, direct link for loader is: http://www.mmobugs.com/updates/ldr4/MMOLoader.exe

Edit: I do see the main page didn't get a release updated - which is odd. Dunno who to blame. But will fix it, proper date inserted here.

htw

Last edited:
Yeah loader version 4.0.0.32 4-8-15, launch version 1.3.20 it's odd it just started doing it and eq and mq locations are correct.

Yeah loader version 4.0.0.32 4-8-15, launch version 1.3.20 it's odd it just started doing it and eq and mq locations are correct.
Alright well this is odd, as no code has really changed in quite a while, since I'm migrating it to the loader. Can you PM me or email me your eqlaunch.ini so I can see if I see anything odd?

htw

I have also been having issues with EQLaunch.

I have it set to start up automatically, which it does fine, it just doesnt automatically start my WinEQ EQ instances.

I can however Right click on launch and tell it to start instance, and it works fine.

I will look into it. It is weird though, as no technical coding changes have happened with it in like, a year or more.

Will let you know.

htw

I have also been having issues with EQLaunch.

I have it set to start up automatically, which it does fine, it just doesnt automatically start my WinEQ EQ instances.

I can however Right click on launch and tell it to start instance, and it works fine.

I have the same problem with it not automatically launching my Everquest sessions. Started happening right after we had the problem with the launcher closing on its own.

Right after "Log in Sucessful"

My loader disappears right after it says 'login successful.' This is a new install. I tried turning off firewall. My old install on the aux computer has no problems. I tried the installer from 7/14 as well. I tried using the compiled zip as well. I copied my MQ2 directory from the aux to the main and it did the same thing. The only thing I can think of is there's an HTW directory in regedit on the working computer that includes MQ2Loader and MQ2Loader4. There is no such entry in the new install.

Last edited:
Did you check windows event log? Maybe it's crashing without a error message or something? .NET should show a message, but you never can tell.

htw

Which log file would it be in? I've tried reinstalling .net. Maybe I should remove and reinstall.