MMOLoader autoclosing

Chosenn

Reaction score
Hi there, As of yesterday whenever I attempt to load MMOLOader, It will pop up in the task tray, attempt to connect to the macroquest server at which point it will automatically close.
As far as I am aware nothing has changed on my end, I have restarted my pc numerous times and have uninstalled and reinstalled the client.

I have disabled my firewall and antivirus and this has no effect
MQ2 was working fine until yesterday.

I checked the logs folder and unfortunately it is empty.

Anyone have any idea as to what's going on? or is anyone experiencing the same issue?

Cheers

This seems like the computer date problem that pops up every now and then.

Switch your computers date back one month and retry.

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks for the speedy reply!
Your solution worked like a charm!

So is this a permanent thing?

I don't really need the correct date on my pc I guess lol

got the same issue, funny thing is tho, it works and loads just fine on my stationary, but on the laptop i had to adjust the date... :)

got the same issue for the first time today.. and the same work around resolved it. thanks.

Daylight savings time seems to be messing with MMOLoader for some people.

If it is autoclosing for you, set your computer date back a few days. Launch MMOLoader, then set it back to normal again.

Had reports of some people in Australia and New Zealand having issues in last 24 hours, but it's not all computers.

had the issue again, just took the date back a few days.
make sure you change the date back to normal after you load MMO. i had half my spell gem timers lock up because of the date being from last week - and the moment i restored date to normal, the gems lighted up again. :)

Yep, getting this issue now too in Australia.

Was working fine a few hours ago

Hi there, As of yesterday whenever I attempt to load MMOLOader, It will pop up in the task tray, attempt to connect to the macroquest server at which point it will automatically close.
As far as I am aware nothing has changed on my end, I have restarted my pc numerous times and have uninstalled and reinstalled the client.

I have disabled my firewall and antivirus and this has no effect
MQ2 was working fine until yesterday.

I checked the logs folder and unfortunately it is empty.

Anyone have any idea as to what's going on? or is anyone experiencing the same issue?

Cheers

This seems like the computer date problem that pops up every now and then.

Switch your computers date back one month and retry.

Let me know how it goes; NOT working

what i did;

1. ran virus scan
2. reenstalled MMO
3. ran malware scan
4. ran microsoft essientals
5. tried to load MMO loader > EQ toons......still auto closing
6. checked plugins for account manager; all setting still same as restored on 28 feb, 2013 when was working right
7. wont let me launch MMo, only goes to checking for updates before it auto closeses out

as quoted before
playing EQ normally is like chewing on tinfoil with braces on "

need help

Last edited:
Put your computer date down bottom right of taskbar as March 10th 2013. (Make sure you apply date)

It should fix the problem.

Switch it back to current day once MMOLoader has finished logging in/patching.

weird

weird bug, but that is the solution, thank you.

Put your computer date down bottom right of taskbar as March 10th 2013. (Make sure you apply date)

It should fix the problem.

Switch it back to current day once MMOLoader has finished logging in/patching.

Still not working !!!

what i did;
1. right clicked date/time
2. Change date time
3. set like u said
4. apply did not " light up "

more help

you have to start mmobugs up again after you set the date... it wont just 'light' up.

Is this happening again? My loader closes after it checks for updates starting this morning. I have tried all of the above without any success. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: I meant to mention that I am using the RoF2 version.

Last edited:
Stil happening, changed date , loaded then poofed regardless if change the date back or not

It was working fine a few hours ago... Now I can't get the MMO Loader to stay loaded on any computer... Tried changing the time and date, and still no joy. I'll keep trying in the hopes that it gets fixed soon.

EDIT:
It seems to be a login problem. It tells me I am not logged in, and said I have to be a premium member... But I know I am a premium member... Hope this info helps.

Last edited:
changing time did not help me