Mindshear Avatar

Tried this last night and had a problem. We went in and the tracker found the right mob. We engaged but the tracker reported that every time he refresed track a new mob was at the top of the list. Quickly got a Negatavisitic add but every time we engaged it we got an emote about can't we just talk and it became unattackable. We would move back to the acolyte and the negativisitic would attack again. Also got a Granduer pop just to confuse things. Charm on the maniacs worked.

But seems that the most recent mob to pop was changing constantly. Not sure where we went wrong on that part.

Your ranger probably didn't have his sort set to normal. Sounds like that would be the case. In normal track the newest mob is ALWAYS on top

Will make sure they are tracking right. The confusing part was him claiming it was changing every 10 seconds.

We are having diffculty getting the charmed mobs to despawn. We have successfully charmed them, but they stay up. Is there a process to charming we should be using?

Thanks for any help you can give!

The mobs you charm are the little fat flying guys. If you are charming them, and /pet attacking on an accolyte, they should despawn. If they're not... I have no answer.

Last edited:
They get buggy sometimes. We found it best to use bard charm.

Newest spawn = Correct mob to kill, for a ranger that is tracksort Normal, for every other tracker, that is how their track works (normal).

You must drop the Acolytes to 95% before they will drop to the HP you had them before, which means in essence, they heal 5% every time they repop.

The event is a DPS event, you MUST kill the acolytes in 2, no more than 3 repops each. The event is timed, if you take too long, even if you get to the Mindshear Avatar, he will go non-active, and the entire event will repop from the start. Something like 45 minutes and the event will reset.

I believe you get 80 seconds of the acolytes being up, have every class that has a dot, toss as many as they can, most dots last 1 minute, so they don't have to worry about refresh. After they toss a dot, the melee's run up and go crazy, while the nukers blast the mob to holy hell. The faster you kill a few of the acolytes off, the easier the event becomes (less dots to deal with)

Especially rangers and sk's with their instant cast dots, you should always have 2 dots per ranger, since the 81 dot, and the 76 dot are both instant cast. (that means they lose no dps from casting it, its only positive dps)

things like that will increase your raid dps

We have attempted this mob 4 times now. I think we will have it down soon, but the problem we are having i think is adds eatting clerics. It seems our add team is not getting on them soon enough.

Should the add team be dpsing the Negative Acolyte and killing it? It goes inactive it seems when the Mindshear Acolyte is active. Also, the other Acolyte adds how low HP and we kill them fast, so i dont think that is an issue. The girplan adds we charm till they depop, but sometimes they eat a healer or 2 before we get control of them.

On the AEs, i know there are the 3 positive and 3 negative, but it seems its hard to tell for most people which is which, so we are told to get them all cured. Yet healers are saying they cant cure any of them but 1.

So thats where we are, with that being said, anyone have any advice?

We are tracking the Mindshear Acolyte and dpsing the right i think. Sometimes a retard stays by it when we back out and gets pwned, is that causing an extra add?

Thanks!

Have your raid stand on top of the globe when they are not DPSing an Acolyte. When the adds spawn (have an audio trigger for this), the enchanters should cast PBAE mez (Docility) which will mez the two adds long enough to tash and charm them without them running off to kill clerics.

Did this and had the issue with adds getting charmed and not depopping. Will make sure enchanters are having charmed mob attack the acolyte to see if that helps. Somebody suggested having enchanter invis after charm but if that breaks charm does it make them depop or leave them up and uncharmed?

hello,

we had an issue with this event last night. we went in and did it as ussual but all our trackers were having the same problem. the one on top of track list was not the mob we needed. does anyone know if they changed something very recently on this event or did we just get so unlucky that both the instances we tryed got bugged?

i could understand if 1 or 2 of them may have had track set wrong. but for a full group of rangers tell me we had the correct mob and it turn out to be the wrong one made me wonder if they didnt do something to this event.

if anyone does this event anytime soon and has the same problem can you let me know please.

Not sure if it still works this way, but we always just went with the first mob that appeared on extended target box ( assuming they are set to auto target)