Mindshear Avatar

Cha123z

Reaction score
Curious if this is basic idea:

Kill one acolyte til it FDs or whatever, check bard track for recent spawn, keep killing the most recent spawn Acolyte til all dead. Then boss spawns, burn it down.

Adds spawn whole time, so knights chanters just CC somewhere central.

Cure mana drain on enchanters and clerics, blah blah.

Are we missing something big?

Thanks.

try using charm this might help a bit.

Anyone got a good strategy for this?

try using charm this might help a bit.

Can you elaborate on that?

I've done the fight and don't really have anything to add from what the OP said, but curious as to what the charmed adds offer as they seem unkillable.

So you just run around the circle killing all of them till they FD. And Kill the adds as they pop?

Not sure about the recently spawned thing. We killed one till it FD and they all repopped at the same time.

Ok well here is a quicky for ya.

TRACKERS TRACKERS TRACKERS

Track the mobs kill the one at the top of the list untill it depops once depop run to door wait for them to repop track and kill top of the list mob. Do this for 4 of the mobs with the last guy just following him around the room and plow his ass. Then wait a min for named to spawn on dome thingy keep him centered and own him,

Charm The adds as they spawn sending them into named they will kill themselfs if done correctly

Not sure how much more you need to be told this is a very easy fight once you know the basics.

When we engaged the Acolyte, top one on track list, he kept depoping, at like 96 98 %s. Complete loss of target. He'd come back at 100%. I'd ask and the one we were on was the top of list.

Also is there a trick to the negativity Acolyte? Doing something wrong spawns him? Or is he a standard part of the event?

We tried this and it didn't go well. He just kept depoping and repoping.

When you get the 'extends its power' emotre, everyone needs to get off, and get away.

Negativistic is because someone F'd up.

If you try hard, you should be able to burn the first one down in one round, disc out if ya need.

Attack the most recent spawn - repeatedly. It jumps back to 100%, but if you're on the right one, it drops back down to previous level once engaged/beat on.

If the negativistic spawns, either peel of and kill, or have someone try and kite. He's rape.

Have chanters mez adds (the girplans) and send against the correct acolyte.

BC

Ok, each time we went in, it was always one of the first two by the door that were top. Our first encounter, someone must have moved too far from the door because we aggro'd the non top, he began a/eing us. We blurred him and he FDd. Then backed out the door and got adds, the girplan maniacs, the negative, and an accolyte of granduer I think.

We rezzed up. Went in this time the one on the other side of the door was top, we formed around him while invis and engaged. Got him to like 96 or so and he must have respawned because we lost target, repoped and I asked if he was the top, was told yes so we beat him again. Got another depop about 98 %.

Adds spawned and the chanters mezzed them first to debuff for charm, our tank didn't know this and when he lost aggro he hit an a/e to gank it back, when that happened it broke mez and all hell broke loose.

Shortly after that the Negativity spawned. What is the catalyst for that? Aggroing the wrong accolyte? That was my guess but we were all clustered at the proper one.

The Mindshear extends its power through its acolytes. The world distorts for a moment.

That emote was directly linked to adds spawning from what I could see, every time we got that emote, we got adds.

I don't mean to seem obtuse here, i'm just trying to get my bearings on what all is going on.

We engaged, 51 seconds after we got:

The Mindshear begins to cast a spell. <Discordant Kyv Form>
The Mindshear begins to cast a spell. <Discordant Girplan Form>
The Mindshear begins to cast a spell. <Discordant Noc Form>
The Mindshear begins to cast a spell. <Discordant Girplan Form>
The Mindshear begins to cast a spell. <Discordant Aneuk Form>
The Mindshear begins to cast a spell. <Discordant Noc Form>
The Mindshear extends its power through its acolytes. The world distorts for a moment.

At this point we should have backed out?

This is when we first got adds as well, in addition several people we illusioned to look like mobs. I assume the forms listed about. Several noticed that while in a form, they got buffed or debuffed, one appeared to give attack another reduced AC.

Not knowing we were supposed to back off we continued, I asked several times on the depop repop thing if this was still top of spawn and was told yes. Then we got:

Mindshear Acolyte says 'You have no idea what weaknesses lie in us all! Illness, weariness and death are upon us at all times. You never know when such a thing will get you and you'll end up dead.'

At that point he cast: Wave of Freezing Terror

That was 1 minute 5 seconds from first engage. He emoted and cast it again 35 seconds later, 30 seconds after that, 25 from that.

The Negativity shows up in my logs exactly 2 minutes from engage. The first notice I have of him is a knight grabbing aggro on him. I have nothing prior to that indicating why he spawned.

Also it appears Narcolepsy is used during the fight, nothing casts it but it appears to land on random groups even though it's a single target spell. My logs show it only hitting a couple people here and there randomly, when it landed on me, it got my whole group from what I can tell, again, I can't find the catalyst for it.

So essentially, we go in engage the first mob on track list until we get that emote then back off? Recheck track and repeat? The adds also spawn then so we would charm them and send them on whichever chosen to attack.

Bit more log checking, found a debuff being cast immediately prior to the mindshear extending it's power. My gut reaction to the debuffs was perhaps they are cast when you are supposed to move to another, probably the one that casts the debuff you have. Given that they are being cast immediately before the point you say to back off, this adds up.

Question is, when we back off should we blur or anything? Should we not dot? I'm curious about aggro, I know they are rooted, but wouldn't backing off and moving to a new mob give us aggro on two or?

Again sorry for being obtuse but I want to get my head around the mechanics here.

ok hi, I'm post happy this morning.

So, the idea I'm getting, we go in beat the one that is top of track until we get the debuff and the mindsheer extends ... Back off. My thinking is to the globe because you are less likely to aggro other stuff. Adds spawn now. mez/charm. Find the top of list, engage it.

So, we don't beat to death or whatnot (fd?) we beat till mindshear/debuff. If mob is at 60 oh well. Head to top of track again, rinse repeat, eventually we end up on one we had beat down, and when we re engage it, it will pop back to whatever hp we left it at.

This correct?

We continue this process, killing them as we go, once we get to the last one, shortly after his death we get named. I assume adds spawn during this?

Negativistic is spawned when we are on the wrong one?

You are reading too much into this event.

Throughout the whole thing your getting adds constantly
Throughout the whole thing your getting the AE's constantly(multiple aes)

Chanters mez and take care of adds.
Priests cast RC or clr grp heal takes care of curse based AE's

The whole pop/depop thing? The depop is just a Cockblock. You have like 1min and change on each wave to lower their HP and they depop or die. You can time it and have people get off the mob when timer reaches 5 secs if its a problem. I'd back off between the mob and globe.

If you hit the wrong mob, you get the negatives. You are gonna get negatives because every guild has shortbus riders on the raids. Also, if your getting too many negatives, figure out why -- dummies? pets? ae's?

There are 2 At's that help
1.) someone is watching you ----- That is a targeted ae and that person needs to run to san diego corporate offices and get away from raid.
2.) world distorts for a moment ---- mob is about to depop and rape anyone still hitting it.

If you have good chanters, this event is gravy. Keep DI on them and keep them alive. If they die, have clerics DR them back into the event.

Also, the tracker should call the direction of the new mob after depop. Like North, NW, SW, SE, NE etc etc. It helps the entire raid move to the right mob as fast as possible.

When you get it all down, its a time consuming bore-fest

Ok so, engage top on list. Cure a/es. People with rising terror audio trigger move away then get cured. At one minute mark back off, we get hit with a resist debuff, RC to cure it, charm adds, find the new highest on track list. Engage.

Rinse repeat.

New question, we get 2 adds every minute, someone said that charmed pets will kill themselves on named. How so? My thinking is actually to range fight this, at least at first and send the charmed pets in to get shreaded.

Otherwise I can see a large backup of mobs piling up.

Yes I'm probably reading more into it then I should, i'm good at that.

The girplins will basically die after being charmed for so long, they'll just emote and despawn. Then your charmers can pick up a new set. It's similar to the mastrunq in the trophy room event in tower, though if you're doing this raid referencing a later one probably doesn't help, sorry!

The overall strategy with this fight is to go in and burn down one of the one's closest to you when you enter the room. If people use discs it's entirely possible to down one of them before the first swap.

Other then that yeah, just use a tracker to direct your dps and follow your damaged mob. The entrance to the room has some workable corners for positioning the avatar so you can burn that down too with any discs you have.

Ah ok, that explains it. I was just thinking damn that could be a lot of adds if they charmed ones don't die quickly.

Cool. And referrencing a later raid is fine, I'll keep it in mind for later

has any other strats been done of this fight?
we have had a full raid and doing burn only getting him down to 40% on 1st run are we missing something? Also the ae mainly mana drain any way to avoid getting hit with it?

On a burn if you only getting 1 that low, your dps sucks

mindshear / dps

if your dps is to low in your raid this event can be a pita... the longer you take, the more adds you get, and the longer you have to deal with the dots.. there isnt really away not to get hit with the dots.. but it is curable. keep your healers cured of it or you will wipe... if your still having trouble doing this event, try doing crystallos for the weapons... some pretty decent weapons drop there... its better to let a little lewt rott and get alot of upgrades for the whole guild. than to wipe over and over on an event and get people discurraged.

emotes key for us...

This is a pita event for sure. We've beaten it easily w/ no screwups , and then even w/ same peeps..had to restart 2 or 3 times...which can take an hour or so. Very discouraging for people who are trying to raid for gain of the guild, forward movement, etc..heck even for loot whores.
Our biggest problem, and the one that usually is the reason for a wipe is failure by someone (short-bus effect)...not watching for emotes.
Have everybody set up an audio trigger or two. We have someone typically watch for the 'back off' emote, and guild runs to the center vs the outer ring..same reason tho.
The emote that usually gets us is the individual one:
"I always feel like someone is watching me.." If someone misses that, they effectively explode and kill other raid members, it can become a big problem quickly.
--good luck.

keep your top buff slots open and self pell for easy removal of aes