Mercenary Info

OldOne

Reaction score
Is there a way to get the owner's name of a mercenary? For a pet you can use: ${Target.Master}. But, clueless for a merc.

Step 1: Open eyes.
Step 2: Look under the merc's name.
Step 3: Read "Kachiko's Mercenary"
Step 4: drop the " 's mercenary" half.

Glad I could help.

Was just tryin to be funny, not mean.
I'd assume he meant for a macro use of some kind (I can't imagine what or why though)

Good .. no excellent non answer, thanks for trying .. heh

What is the end result your trying to accomplish? I don't know of any way to see the name of another persons merc through mq2 (not to say it doesnt exsist) aside from actually reading the name (mentioned above)

There are a few ways to see if you have a merc, and if it is suspended or not though.

My guess is he is trying to buff a tank merc using a macro.

But then he would need the name of the merc, not the merc's owner.

Nothin sinister ;) or complicated. Just wanted to fill out some HUD info.

Code:
    if(pTarget && ((PSPAWNINFO)pTarget)->Mercenary)
    {
        char szTmp[0x20] = {0};
        strncpy(szTmp, ((PSPAWNINFO)pTarget)->Lastname, strchr(((PSPAWNINFO)pTarget)->Lastname, '\'') - &((PSPAWNINFO)pTarget)->Lastname[0]);
        DebugSpew("%s", szTmp);
    }

Code:
    if(pTarget && ((PSPAWNINFO)pTarget)->Mercenary)
    {
        char szTmp[0x20] = {0};
        strncpy(szTmp, ((PSPAWNINFO)pTarget)->Lastname, strchr(((PSPAWNINFO)pTarget)->Lastname, '\'') - &((PSPAWNINFO)pTarget)->Lastname[0]);
        DebugSpew("%s", szTmp);
    }

Tis a shame I dont know what to do with this impressive uncompiled snip of code .. lol. But I assume it works and thank you for the solution.

I wished that they would make the mercs with better control like th epets have. Mine takes off and starts to attack stuff before i am eady for it

That's what the other merc commands are for.
The stance "assist" makes it only assist what the person marked as MT is fighting.
And "passive" will make it sit and do nothing, even as it watches you get beat down.

/sigh

i wish the freaking clerics could attack like a real cleric.

Tis a shame I dont know what to do with this impressive uncompiled snip of code .. lol. But I assume it works and thank you for the solution.

It'll be in the next MacroQuest2 zip.

Code:
6 May 2009 by ieatacid
- Added spawn.Owner which returns a spawn type for a mercenary's owner

So something like ${Target.Owner} (with a mercenary targeted) would give access to the owner's spawn data.