Question ${Me.Buff} different behavior

[40oz]

Lifetimer
Reaction score
Noticed a difference in behavior between MMOBugs and the main MQ2 in working with some macros.

${Me.Buff[Pyromancy].ID}

On core, this returns `14` because that's the buff slot I have it in.

On MMOBugs, it returns NULL, because it has a rank after it (the actual buff name is Pyromancy XXIV).

Pyromancy is an AA wizards have that get a rank number after it (24, XXIV in this case).

Bugs does seem to work for spells. If I do a ${Me.Buff[Shield of Consquence].ID} I do get a return of `1` even though my buff is Rk. II.

Any chance we can get this difference ironed out?

Lastly, I couldn't find the source code for the MMOBugs compile. I know you have it available for anything GPL Licensed, but I couldn't find a link for it.

Noticed a difference in behavior between MMOBugs and the main MQ2 in working with some macros.

${Me.Buff[Pyromancy].ID}

On core, this returns `14` because that's the buff slot I have it in.

On MMOBugs, it returns NULL, because it has a rank after it (the actual buff name is Pyromancy XXIV).

Pyromancy is an AA wizards have that get a rank number after it (24, XXIV in this case).

Bugs does seem to work for spells. If I do a ${Me.Buff[Shield of Consquence].ID} I do get a return of `1` even though my buff is Rk. II.

Any chance we can get this difference ironed out?

Lastly, I couldn't find the source code for the MMOBugs compile. I know you have it available for anything GPL Licensed, but I couldn't find a link for it.

You wont get the source for mmobugs compile its not available.

Use ${Me.Buff[${Spell[name].RankName}].ID}

Making Me.Buff[] return partial matches really is a nice feature that was added to core a while ago.

Makes writing / maintaining melee shits so much cleaner.

Thanks for the heads up guys. I'm going to try and track down why partial matches are not working. There is some custom rank code PeteSampras developed which I think is clashing.

There also seems to be a stacking issue with the Shadowknight and Necromancer mana regen/skeleton form buff. Using Dev's bots, the buff gets memm'd and then unmemorized instantly, because mq2Cast thinks there's some stacking issue with almost every single buff I have on my SK.

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/stacking.html?id=43646&source=Live

Aspire can you give me an example? And/or can you test on the MQ2 core code base?

Would really help to have solid test cases.

I just did a full update for MQ2 live which should fix the ${Me.Buff} partial match issue. Can you test it and let me know.

There also seems to be a stacking issue with the Shadowknight and Necromancer mana regen/skeleton form buff. Using Dev's bots, the buff gets memm'd and then unmemorized instantly, because mq2Cast thinks there's some stacking issue with almost every single buff I have on my SK.

http://lucy.allakhazam.com/stacking.html?id=43646&source=Live

Aspire can you give me an example? And/or can you test on the MQ2 core code base?

Would really help to have solid test cases.

I don't know how to test this, I'm pretty clueless on what statement to test with, I just see it when I turn debugging on, with Dev's bots.

In the ini section, there is an option to specify buffs that DoStack, so it will cast it if there is stacking conflict. When I start adding buffs to the DoStack, it will keep reporting it doesn't stack with almost every single buff I added to the DoStack option ( I added about 10 out of 20ish buffs that were on my SK, then gave up).

Last edited: