Making mercs heal smarter

WOW that was some great info. Thank you for sharing. I have another tidbit of info. If using 2 mercs, which I often do, I found that by placing 1 merc on Balanced and the other on Reactive they both function a whole lot better. When using a 3rd, place it on Balanced as well. This seemed to solve a few problems.:)

can you block spell casted on your merco ? for have the same result ?

mercs are dumb they will sometimes cast promised on you and consider it good and stop healing until it fires

I tank with merc healers every day. I've never seen this happen.

I saw a merc cast "Healing Splash Rk. II" the other day. Its the cleric free target 4k ae heal.

I saw a merc cast "Healing Splash Rk. II" the other day. Its the cleric free target 4k ae heal.

I really wish tehy would give Mercs the smarts to cast a group heal. They will happily sit there and cast Devout Light on each person after being smashed by a ~50k AE. Sigh. That's the only thing that made me add a cleric into my box crew.

I really wish tehy would give Mercs the smarts to cast a group heal. They will happily sit there and cast Devout Light on each person after being smashed by a ~50k AE. Sigh. That's the only thing that made me add a cleric into my box crew.

They will cast group heals, but they have to be hurt as well as the rest of the group. If the group is hurt but the merc is not they will single heal if all get hit they will usually cast a group heal.

General Input

I've never took the time to confirm it or not, but I have heard the following said:

Due to the messed up way mercs are programmed to respond, a merc healer will not cure / cast heals on your character if they are affected by a dot.

There are specific criteria that must be met in order for the merc to trigger heal starts, and out of combat dots are just not one of them.

I can't remember if it was on these forums or on the SOE forums where someone pointed it out. But i believe they also pointed out another flaw in the criteria of merc healing that could allow you to slowly die and never get a cure/heal.

Can anyone elaborate or confirm this info?