Making mercs heal smarter

very good info thanx for posting it should help lots of peeps i know it will help me again thanx a bunch

Wow, thank you for that. That is some really good info right there! I was just thinking to myself the other night how stupid the healing seemed to be on the T5 mercs. This may change all that for me. Thanks again.

That is some great info can't wait to try it tonight. Thanks

I am going to try blocking CH and the HoT so my shammy's hot is never wasted and its a lot better with AA's and Shambot.

Last edited:
Definitely a great post,

I think if you are using two healer mercs like i often do, then it probably would be a bad idea to NOT block the PR....

let me know how it goes my acc are all down right now low on funds :( but this sounds like it would help out ALOT

is it just me or dont they have a limit to the number of spells you can have blocked? i cant seem to add any more after having added all the clarity line/mage rod line (single and ae have to be added separately) there are still a few others id like to have added before even considering this..

Typically, you can remove the lesser lines of clarity and beast crack and those types of spells once the spell is no longer current for the expansion and be safe. I know if I have to block something I have to go in and unblock something lame that hasn't been casted in years by anyone.

They should make it if you block the top level of a line of spells, it should block all lesser versions.

Only happens once in a blue moon for something of use to be posted on Sony's Vet boards.

I personally don't use merc healers as I have a cleric box, but I didn't realize you could block non-buffs like heals.

how to block those spell with a sentence to put those sentence in macro ;please thanks )

How to block all 3 with one line

how to block those spell with a sentence to put those sentence in macro ;please thanks )

Block the spells I suggested and if you have 2 mercs put 1 in balanced, 1 in reactive and they will alternate between casting frenetic renewal and devout light...if you have a 3rd merc put it on balanced and it will do 1 of the 2 fast heals as well.

To Block all 8 at same time: /blockspell add me 13 18272 18254 25124 25242 2198 2199 25167

To unblock all 8 at same time: /blockspell remove me 13 18272 18254 25124 25242 2198 2199 25167

To block pet /blockspell add pet 13 18272 18254 25124 25242 2198 2199 25167
To unblock pet /blockspell remove pet 13 18272 18254 25124 25242 2198 2199 25167

To block Complete Heal: /blockspell add me 13
To unblock Complete Heal: /blockspell remove me 13

To block Promised Recuperation RK III: /blockspell add me 18272
To unblock Promised Recuperation RK III: /blockspell remove me 18272

To block Devout Elixir RK III: /blockspell add me 18254
To unblock Devout Elixir RK III: /blockspell remove me 18254

Earnest Elixir Rk. III -- Spell Number 25124 NOTE: 1: Increase Hitpoints v2 by 2787 per tick Casting Time: 3 seconds

Promised Resurgence Rk. III -- Spell Number 25167 NOTE: 1: Increase Hitpoints by 17965 2: Increase Hitpoints by 5390 Casting Time:Casting Time:0.25 Duration: 3 ticks
Also please note this is a good spell so its situational on when to block it and is listed last so you can copy all but this spell number if you don't want to block it.

Elixir of the Ardent Rk. III -- Spell Number 25242 NOTE: 1: Increase Hitpoints v2 by 2535 per tick Target Type: Group v1 Casting Time: 4.5 Duration: 4 ticks

Is there a way to block the clicky AE bread/water items?
Yes, they're called "Blessing of the Harvest" spell id 2198
and "Blessing of the Storm" spell id 2199

Also please be aware I block the Rk. III because if you block Rk. III it blocks the entire line
NOTE: everyone in group must block these spells for their pets too, otherwise the mercs still cast them on others in group.
with these blocked its a HUGE difference in how easy it is to tank.
EDIT: updated for new lvl 90 mercs

Last edited:
Awesome

That original thread and the follow-up info on the SOE forum as well as this discussion on it... is probably the most useful information I've seen posted in a very long time.

Awesome.

To Block all 3 at same time: /blockspell add me 13 18272 18254

To unblock all 3 at same time: /blockspell remove me 13 18272 18254

To block Complete Heal: /blockspell add me 13
To unblock Complete Heal: /blockspell remove me 13

To block Promised Recuperation RK III: /blockspell add me 18272
To unblock Promised Recuperation RK III: /blockspell remove me 18272

To block Devout Elixir RK III: /blockspell add me 18254
To unblock Devout Elixir RK III: /blockspell remove me 18254

Ok, stupid question, because maybe I've just never payed attention b4 ... but do the 85 T5 mercs always cast the RK3 version of Promised Recuperation and Devout Elixir???

Just wondering why your using the spell numbers for the rk3 version for blocking. . .

work really well ) thanks merc on reactive cast only frantic and light

Follow up.

I blocked those 3 spells on my SK ... and on my other toon blocked them on my pet buff blocks for the mage's pet ...

Now i'm standing up to and demolishing named mobs i could never get past 75% before. Went from barely handling SoD T3 mobs to ass whooping SoD T5 mobs.

Works like a charm !

Like i said earlier... most useful piece of information I've seen on SOE forums in years.

I gave this a run in UF with two healer mercs, they definitely weren't keeping me up as well, unsure as to why.