lon cards

doa

Reaction score
is there a new spot where people sell lon loot cards? i left eq for 6 months and before i left ebay had a ton of sellers now theres none of em on there anyone help?

site pretty trustworthy you know? and tyvm for the link

Okay I've ignored this LON stuff because I hated the idea, but looking at that site (and seeing them in game) I see that familiars are pretty sweet.

I just ran through the first couple tutorials, but I'm confused and have a few questions.

1. Can you play LON without logging in to your character in game (Original EQ)?
edit: Answered this, apparently it is yes. I'm downloading the client now.
2. How do you get items from the LON game to your characters?
3. Do these cards in game just give you that same card in the LON game?
4. Are these rewards per character?

I'm just fiddling around right now, if there's a good basic guide of how LON integrates with EQ, or a LON for newbies guide, that'd be awesome. Apologies in advance, but I searched and found nothing of use.

Also, does anyone actually play the card game?

I just ran through the first couple tutorials, but I'm confused and have a few questions.

1. Can you play LON without logging in to your character in game (Original EQ)?
edit: Answered this, apparently it is yes. I'm downloading the client now.
2. How do you get items from the LON game to your characters?
3. Do these cards in game just give you that same card in the LON game?
4. Are these rewards per character?

Also, does anyone actually play the card game?

1. Yes, you can download a separate stand-alone client to play LoN. http://legendsofnorrath.station.sony.com/play4free.vm Link towards the top of the page.
2. You acquire the loot cards via being lucky enough to get them in a booster pack, OR trading others for them (trades can be done directly by right clicking the person's LoN user name in the trade area, or by using the posted trades section, which is the "bazaar" like feature in LoN where you can see what all is available and what the person is asking for it. Note: You have to have purchased at least 1 booster pack to trade for LoN cards. There used to be a loophole where you could post a trade for a loot card with nothing in return, but that's been closed. Buying 1 booster pack "registers" your account and flags it for being able to accept trades. The trading process is sort of complex the first time you use it, so get someone to walk you through that separately the first time. Once you have the card, you right click it, hit "Redeem" and then follow the on screen blah blah. Once that's done, log into EQ, hit /claim, then Refresh, and your item will be there to claim.
3. I don't believe LoN loot cards drop in game. Boosters drop that can contain loot cards, but the loot cards themselves don't actually drop in game, nor can they be directly traded in game to the best of my knowledge. Single cards and booster, starter sets and starter packs can be traded in game.
4. Rewards are per character. Once you claim the reward in LoN, it's just like an expansion bonus reward: any character on the account can claim it, but once it's gone, it's gone.
5. I play the game, but not very well yet. It's pretty simple once you get the hang of it, but it was pretty confusing (to me) at first.

If you need any help, if you decide to get into it, let me know. We can get on aim or some shit and I'll walk you through the trade process and such, if you want.

Also, forgot to mention, the site I've used in the past for LoN shit is http://lontrader.com/main.sc Treana runs it, and he/she/it has been very trustworthy and good to work with. Also very helpful and understanding of newbs who have nfc how to use the trade system at first, so that was nice.

One thing to beware of if any of you use these sites: you can usually get a much better deal, money-wise, by checking the posted trades section first. As an example, there was a recent LoN Tournament with the bonus loot card being a Familiar of Queen Pyrilonus. This familiar gives a 400 hp buff / 5 hp regen/tick. Fairly nice. Both lontrader and lonloot have this for sale for $24.95. Well, if you go into the trades section you can find a ton of these for trade for 4 booster packs. 4 booster packs costs you 12 bucks to buy through the website. So, I bought 4 boosters and got my familiar for 12 bucks. This same basic concept for all items will help save you some cash, so thought I'd pass it along.

Thanks Excellent1.

I had just about figured out most of that, but I'm glad someone confirmed it for me.

The only part I'm confused on (I guess I could try it) is how the in-game EQ cards work. You claim them and it will show up in that accounts deck builder, I assume? But, it also, if a booster, has the possibility to give you the in game items, that much I get.

Crazy.

Yah the game play is a little confusing. I used to LOVE playing M:TG so I figured maybe this would be fun and I could get a familiar for my characters. I mean a +400 mana +5 mana regen familiar that you can get for your level 1 toon is awesome. I've only played through all the tutorials, beating the Seventh Hammer tutorial on my first try (albeit with only two health left, and he was whooping my butt on quests).

Oh one last question; can you claim the same familiar twice on one account (but obviously on different characters?)

You can only claim a familiar on more than one toon if you have more than one familiar cards. So, if you had 2 loot cards, you would redeem one, then go in game and claim it on whatever character you wanted, then go back into LoN and redeem the other one, which would allow you to claim it on a separate character.

Basically, it's the same mechanic as the expansion rewards after you redeem something in game. One character per account. However, if you have multiples of the same loot card you can claim it on however many character you have cards for.

As for in game cards go, you're exactly right: you right click them in game and then when you log into LoN next, the server synchs with your LoN account, and the cards show up as new arrivals (pop-up screen) then can be accessed by using your collection manager.

I'm on aim occasionally, hit me up if you want this morning. Aim is
Exce11ent1.

I just beat the first oathbreaker scenario. Made a pretty good fool out of Ishva Mal with the starter fighter deck. The game is already getting pretty boring though. The best part of TCGs are getting new cards, and I don't feel like spending real life money for digital cards. I want something tangible for my money!

Thanks again for your help, if I decide to blow 10 bucks and grab the tournament starter booster thing with the familiar I'll probably play. I'm going to do probably all of the scenarios first though, because they each give you a card it seems.

Do you lose cards if you lose a scenario? I hope not.

Hmm , that familar is better than Naggy , yet Naggy is still $200 +

Hmm , that familar is better than Naggy , yet Naggy is still $200 +

Indeed, which is why I picked it up for my melee characters. :D

12 bucks is quite a bargain. This particular card was from a LoN Tournament weekend, so I don't know how many there are in circulation. If you're interested, I'd act fast. ;)

Indeed, which is why I picked it up for my melee characters. :D

12 bucks is quite a bargain. This particular card was from a LoN Tournament weekend, so I don't know how many there are in circulation. If you're interested, I'd act fast. ;)

The tournament packs go on sale 1 week after the loot tournament but they only go on sale for only 1 week before it gets pulled so you have about 6 days left to grab a queen pyrilen familiar for 10$ from the official LoN site.

Not sure what booster packs go for in your bazaar, but I can generally buy boosters and post trades for the familiars that end up costing about $6-8 worth of plat.

They're like 30-40k+ for me.

I already got bored of this. Beat several scenarios then just wasn't interested. Oh well.