Large Pixel Collider

What would you think something like that would cost to build?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Way to much for a PC.

The case alone would be at least 1200. From reading, Digital Storm doesn't sale just the chassis, but you can send in components to have the build and prices with that case an doing that option start at 1200. Kind of stupid IMO, but that is what it is. If we just look at the hardware components that can be bought and planned to put them in a different case:

Motherboard Rampage IV Extreme: 430
64 GB Corsair Dominator memory: 900
4 x Geforce Titans: ~4000
4960x CPU: 1050
480 GB SSD: 460
4TB WD Black: 267
Corsair 1200w PSU: 340
Water cooling: Unknown, at least 500 would be my guess
Big enough case with good cooling: at least 250

I couldn't find any water cooling system with a quick search that came with 4 GPU blocks + cpu block and a pump and radiator capable of handling that much water flow.

But with the guess on the water cooling system and the alternate case that brings the total to ~8200 dollars. If you wanted to try and get the same case and water cooling system show in that particular build, I'd bet you would be looking at closer to 10 - 11k.

That's a ridiculous price for a PC that is only marginally better than something you can build for < 2000. Someone that actually builds that is only building it to say they did. PCGamer says they are going to use it to push the limits of gaming, but the simple fact is the majority of games out there aren't going to be coded to even be able to push that thing to near it's limits. Maybe if they set up 6 4k displays and try to run it as one huge resolution display....

Last edited:
The case alone would be at least 1200. From reading, Digital Storm doesn't sale just the chassis, but you can send in components to have the build and prices with that case an doing that option start at 1200. Kind of stupid IMO, but that is what it is. If we just look at the hardware components that can be bought and planned to put them in a different case:

There are better cases out there. Specifically this brand - MAGNUM STH10 - CaseLabs Store

This is a similar build to PC mag's LPC computer - [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2ixPd0desY]2013 Q2 Best Gaming PC ~ Slinky Supercomputer 5 15GHz - YouTube[/ame]

Why isn't there a "show your rig" thread in this forum??

On the Large Pixel Collider.. how can it be ultimate with only one SSD?

I think to classify as ultimate it needs two in Raid 0. Or a PCI card SSD.