Krono prices

Golem

Lifetimer
Reaction score
I've noticed Krono have been selling for $12 when SOE sells them for $17.99.

I'm not asking what it is, but is there an exploit with them? or does SOE offer a bulk purchase thing I don't see.

People are buying them with plat, and selling for cash. It's the same as selling plat for cash really.

and when you buy a krono on one server you can sell it on any is another reason

Krono also adds 30 days to all access if you have an active all access subscription when clicking it. So you essentially get all access for 10-12$

If you have a Krono you obtained in EQ, would it show up in another SOE game since its account tied, or is it restricted by the game you obtained it from? For example, would it show up in Vanguards.

It shows up in other games if you buy it from SOE but once you sell it for plat its tied to that game only. Unless you pay for 1 month of station access then use kronos to keep it active.

Ive wondered this myself. Ive seen krono as cheap as 10 bucks. I mean sure someone may have bought them with plat, but somewhere down the trail someone paid 18.00 for it, so how the hell are they making a profit? - The orginal purchasers I mean.

The people who sell them for real money aren't the original purchasers. Wouldn't make any sense to buy for $18 and sell for lower than that, unless you are monitoring the exchange rate from dollars to some other foreign currency to see a daily or seasonal spike:)

Last edited:
Ive wondered this myself. Ive seen krono as cheap as 10 bucks. I mean sure someone may have bought them with plat, but somewhere down the trail someone paid 18.00 for it, so how the hell are they making a profit? - The orginal purchasers I mean.

It goes like this: Larry decides his EQ plat funds are low. Larry is scared of plat sites, so he purchases a Krono from Sony for 18 dollars. He places Krono in trader mode for 200k plat. Bob comes along and decides he has too much plat, but not enough real life cash. He buys Larrys Krono for 200k plat, and he sells the Krono on MMOBugs for $12.

Larry is happy, he got 200k plat that he needed to buy a leet item. Bob is happy, he just sold 200k plat for $12 cash.

Well I'm sure it says somewhere not to sell krono for real money so Sony prob not happy

SOE is happy, regardless of what happens to it after its bought from them, its more revenue.