Issue /bct command to bard?

Kokopelli2014

Reaction score
I have been experimenting having a bard in my group and using it somewhat like the chanter in terms of crowd control as well as amping up the dps of the grp....my problem is that while the bard does a pretty decent job with crowd control using bot.mac, It stays stuck on just the mezzing tasks but does not resume its /melody or /twist...Is there a way to use /bct bardname to issue the command to play its /melody and this being sent from the main tank and /or main assist? a hotkey?

I use the bot plugin for my bard seems to work a lot better for that class

Sure, you can add a hotkey, or an alias, or add to w/e macro.

Adding an alias: /alias /bs /bct bardname //melody

Or just as a hotkey that does: /bct bardname //melody

hmmm..

I tried making the hotkey to ...

/bct "bardname" //melody

but it didn't work....do I need something to tell it to stop maybe and then something?

What would this hotkey look like to type in ?

It depends, is your bard doing anything? Singing a song? If you need to do additional stuff, you can multiline it.

And don't put bardname in "" (in case you were being literal).

/bct uberbard //multiline ; /stopsong ; /timed 10 /melody

The bard would be in bot.mac mode. I first do a /mac bot load before i use the /bot on. However I am not sure how to manipulate the ini to get the bard to melody or twist while in bot mode...i know theres a non combat twist option and a combat twist option but essentially i'd like it to twist my 5 top combat/grp songs and when it detects low mana on a caster, fires off its dichotomic and return to melody if no crowd control is needed.

I wouldn't use bot.mac if you are planning on using the mq2bot plugin.

That being said, just

/bct BardName //twist 1 2 3 4

will get your bard singing song gems 1 2 3 4.

Is there a # limit that can be asked for bard to twist? Was wondering if saying 1 2 3 4 5 11 would work and should i add a /stop on first line?

Just out of curiosity, is there a reason why you are using the bot macro and the plugin at once? It just seems like that can cause more problems than what it's worth. I'm a pretty big supporter of the bot mac and I will agree with the poster above that the plugin seems to work better for the bard. With that being said, couldn't you just have the combat twist your normal routine and include a holyshit that says something like:

holyshit0=/if (${Me.SpellReady[Dichotomic Psalm]} && ${Bot.Active} && ${Bot.MinMana.PctMana}<50 && ${Bot.AddCount}<2) /bottwist once # where # is the spell gem of your Dichotomic Song

The twist once function pauses the twist of the normal routine and sings the one song and then continues the routine where it left off

When i play bard, i type /bot on so not sure if that is the mac or the plugin...if plugin is better and automatically on? Please explain the difference and correct uses...

/bot on is the plugin. /Mac Bot is the macro , bards seem to do alot better on the plugin vs the macro unless you have a heavily modified ini

So if I understand you correctly...typing /mac bot load does not actually load the current spells memed etc for the bard? The plugin is preset? (unless i mod it somewhere?) Ifthats the case i should simply load bard, type /bot on and that's it?

You mod what songs the bards twist in the ini under server_bardnane.ini like with mine I have no rest twist cause well my guys never rest lol