Is this out there?

Cbass

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is already out there, but here is what I would like to see: So I run 13 instances on two monitors. One instance on my main monitor for my main tank and 12 on the second monitor now. Everything is working great but the only problem I have is when I am doing complete heals and other heals to heal me. I hit the button, let's say for a complete heal, and isboxer passes it to my Cleric window. But in order for me to see the progress bar of the complete heal I have to switch to the window to see where it is at based on my health and whether or not I am going to die or just get the heel in on time. So a lot of times I hit complete heal and I am watching my hit points go down and then I have to switch over to the cleric to see how many seconds are left before it hits my tank and then sometimes I die. And maybe if the spell is interrupted, when the progress bar stops on my main screen it will also flash something that says interrupted so I know I have to go immediately back and cast that same spell.

I would love it for that spell progress bar from every window/instance to somehow transfer to my main window so I could see everyone's casting times on whatever spell they are casting. I use my Cleric as an example but it would actually come in handy for every one of my instances that are casting spells. Another thing it would help with is when my Cleric gets interrupted like midway through a complete heal, I really have no way of knowing without having to click that window and open it up to my main screen. Same with Evac, snare and virtually every other spell. I play on TLP so complete heal is still a major spell that I use quite frequently.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
You can use ISBoxer to make an overlay of a certain section of another screen. Check out the main MQ2 page (MacroQuest2) and it has a screenshot of what you are looking for, even with click through regions.

Another thing I recommend is ensuring your hotkey has some redundancy. This is EQ circa-2001, but all my hotkeys have a fizzle catcher. In other words:

/cast 8
/pause 5
/cast 8

If the first cast fails for whatever reason, the second will fire immediately. If the first works, the second cast gets a "you can't do this right now" or whatever message.

This has saved my ass a few times.

MQ2Cast will deal with fizzles, if you use /casting to do it (well, it should.. if not, it's broken and should be reported).

htw