Is RoS Group Progression Linked to EoK?

eqman22

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Does anyone know if RoS GROUP Progression is linked to EoK GROUP Progression?

Ie, am I going to have to do EoK group progression on my 400 alts just to do the RoS group progression?

I know you need EOK raids to do ROS raids, but I have not received a definitive answer regarding GROUP progression.

Thanks!

I believe so, due to the green sarnaks which were in Labs.

Last edited:
Word from my guild is that yes, you do have to have progression done, for all zones but the first zone in RoK otherwise you get hit with the green goo sarnaks.

That is freaking horrible. So to zone into t2 RoS you have to have completed all of EoK progression? That is just sooo freaking horrible. So newer toons have to do 2 expansions worth of progression to play in 1 expansion.

wow they're just begging to have players quit or just not bother to buy the xpac, which is tantamount to quitting eventually, what with the level hike.

I guess now the question is whether the zones with the mobs that blow you up without the progression protection are the main mobs in the zones, or whether they are like they are in Labs in EOK where you can avoid the mobs with the aura.

I farm Labs all the time on my toons without protection because it's easy to avoid those mobs that require protection to kill.

Does anyone know if the zone layouts are similar in ROS where you can simply avoid those mob types?

No you do not need EOK progression to zone into the zones but if you dont have the blocker you will have to avoid the mobs that have the ae.

I guess now the question is whether the zones with the mobs that blow you up without the progression protection are the main mobs in the zones, or whether they are like they are in Labs in EOK where you can avoid the mobs with the aura.

I farm Labs all the time on my toons without protection because it's easy to avoid those mobs that require protection to kill.

Does anyone know if the zone layouts are similar in ROS where you can simply avoid those mob types?

Can be avoided in 4 zones out of the 6 according to a developer.

You need EoK tier 2 gear to upgrade to RoS tier 1 as well.

Still, it's incredible they would make this by design. Do they really think the game will survive profitability by catering only to raiders?

I know it's beyond their developer current capabilities, probably, but can you imagine the interest if they had added a new race and/or new class(es) with this expansion and perhaps even just a small number of low level zones to explore? Given the popularity of the TLP servers, and of P99 and emulators in general, there would have been a huge surge of new interest and players returning.

Remember when they introduced frogloks? For weeks you couldn't swing a toothpick in Innothule Swamp without hitting a new froglok toon. Same with the Vah Shir and their starting zone.

Add a goblin race, turn Runnyeye into a full-fledged starting city and a few new zones "discovered" to be accessible from Runneye and watch the new player activity this would generate. But they don't ask me for advice! ;)

Thanks tons for the info everyone that has responded. That makes me feel much better that in at least some of the t2 zones I can avoid the AE mobs!

I searched around a little but having no luck here, is there a list of bare minimum tasks for the bots I can do, have a toon that can request all missions etc.

By the way VP has some named that will require 2 groups to beat but they're supposed to drop better gear.

2 groups for group content interesting!

Still, it's incredible they would make this by design. Do they really think the game will survive profitability by catering only to raiders?

I know it's beyond their developer current capabilities, probably, but can you imagine the interest if they had added a new race and/or new class(es) with this expansion and perhaps even just a small number of low level zones to explore? Given the popularity of the TLP servers, and of P99 and emulators in general, there would have been a huge surge of new interest and players returning.

Remember when they introduced frogloks? For weeks you couldn't swing a toothpick in Innothule Swamp without hitting a new froglok toon. Same with the Vah Shir and their starting zone.

Add a goblin race, turn Runnyeye into a full-fledged starting city and a few new zones "discovered" to be accessible from Runneye and watch the new player activity this would generate. But they don't ask me for advice! ;)

The effort that would be involved in them brainstorming a new race complete with starting city seems unlikely to me. This is the same company that bought SoE and took a shit on EQNext which had large portions of the program completed. Charged out the ass for alpha-beta access passes, then scraped it and kept all the playerbases money.

They don't care what we the player would be interested in. Only how much effort is involved in slowly creeking this boat along.

That's why I suggested a playable goblin race. The design work has been done for models and the cities exist. Sure there'd still be more work making them playable but my point is I do think there'd be a big enough market to generate a quick surge in revenue. Make goblins unavailable for FTP. Lots of people would pay to be able to try them out, at least initially.

Won't ever happen, that much is probably true.

Wow, I had no idea that they'd stick a bunch of shitty mobs in RoS and expect players to still come out and play... I don't want the "easy button" but I also don't want to be forced to do group progression in a previous expansion just to be able to zone in and not get fucked in the a in a current expansion. Make the current expansion required.... fine .... but tying it to the previous expansion screams "we split this expansion in two and are making you pay for it twice, you twits."

Yeah, requiring progression from a previous expansion to fully participate in the current expansion seems retarded to me. From the faction to avoid the AEs, to requiring T2 EOK armor to make ROS armor. Each expansion, even if highly connected to the previous expansion, should have gear and progression stand on its own merit.