Is RoS Group Progression Linked to EoK?

Could you imagine having to progress through each and every expansion in order to progress to the next one on each character? How asinine would that be :-x

Yeah, requiring progression from a previous expansion to fully participate in the current expansion seems retarded to me

thats not gonna be the case for RoS is it, sorry if I missed that

Only some parts of progression are required, not all. Like you need t2 EoK armor to make t1 RoS.

If you are group geared and want to survive in 2 zones from the nasty ae from sarnaks, you need to do ALL eok progression. Considering there are only 5 group zones the 6th requiring 2 group raids, that's 2 out 5 zones that require progression to function.

Since there are only 6 zones this expansion. Thats 40% of the expansion your not functioning in (I'm not counting VP, cause most group group players won't even bother playing in that zone, its the equivalent of Plane of War).

Only some parts of progression are required, not all. Like you need t2 EoK armor to make t1 RoS.

If you are group geared and want to survive in 2 zones from the nasty ae from sarnaks, you need to do ALL eok progression. Considering there are only 5 group zones the 6th requiring 2 group raids, that's 2 out 5 zones that require progression to function.

Since there are only 6 zones this expansion. Thats 40% of the expansion your not functioning in (I'm not counting VP, cause most group group players won't even bother playing in that zone, its the equivalent of Plane of War).

Well, maybe its time to go full throttle chase loot seller, then. I did actually play the game for fun for a while... but now... meh.

Well, maybe its time to go full throttle chase loot seller, then. I did actually play the game for fun for a while... but now... meh.

I already bought it for 2 accounts but am considering just scraping my losses on giving them my my cash and skipping this expansion. Not sure what to do yet.

sky isnt falling, yes they sold 2 halves of an expansion

I recall they tried doing half expansions before, also remember LoY that was a shit half ass expansion

sky isnt falling, yes they sold 2 halves of an expansion

I recall they tried doing half expansions before, also remember LoY that was a shit half ass expansion

It was also a one-off where you could do stuff or not do stuff at will. It also added an entire new playable race (froglok), if I recall correctly.

RoS is different because it's clearly half an expansion AND they're requiring you to have done the previous one to really do anything or see any reward. In other words, if I bring up a newbie toon and want to gear him or her in visibles, it sounds a lot like I need to go back to the previous expansion (EoK) and camp mobs there just so I can go to the next expansion and actually make the gear.

That's kinda bullshit.

the one thing im concerned about is the need to do progression on previous expansion, there are a lot of main grp (not raid) folks that never got it done, like most expansions its the way it goes, people never even get to see some zones :*(

the one thing im concerned about is the need to do progression on previous expansion, there are a lot of main grp (not raid) folks that never got it done, like most expansions its the way it goes, people never even get to see some zones :*(

*shrug* I'm in the middle of a move and haven't seen my desktop(s) in months, so the intense desire to play is dwindling. I'm not sure I won't use this as another opportunity to take a break, even after my stuff arrives. It's happened before.

The ONE reason to not do that, though, is the fact that EoK chase loot will still be a *thing*.