Is anyone else having very slow/delayed responses?

Artemus

Lifetime Member
Reaction score
For some reason my macros are running very slow. Responses that should be instantanous, like sitting after combat, take 10 seconds before they occur. I just ran Charm of Lore and it took forever. Is it me or a bigger problem?

I did charm of lore about 4 hours ago and it went fine.

Well I still see it happening to my cleric macro. Takes about 5 seconds to respond to a heal request and 5-10 seconds for him to sit after combat ends. Way too long.

List your plugins, it's more than likely one of them.

Could also be something like your UI.

This isn't a common problem I've heard much of but I've had it happen to myself before, I can't 100% remember what the problem was off hand though.

make sure you didnt install anything new recently either. its amaizing sometimes what can effect differnt things. about 5 years ago i quite playing EQ because my latency was so bad i couldnt play. The problem had started occuring all of a sudden and i reinstalled eq and nothing so i quite for about 6 months then came back and started playing again but was still having high latency. I was using AOL at this time (never again) and a new version had come out right when i came back and started playing so just to update my browser i downloaded that new versions and low and behold all my latency disapeared. I even went back and reinstalled the old verions of AOL just to see and my latency came back until i reinstalled the updated version.

Wierd, exact same thing happenening here... Didnt update anything or change a thing.

Cant summon a mount
Shaman macro is spam casting SLow
my Mercs arent buffing right... taking liek 5X longer

ALl this was fine last night...actually have never had any probs... thought it was just me

The problem is persisting here, if not worse. I use the default plugin list, plus melee. My UI is custom but not that radical.

However, it's taking forever to execute the macros. When the tank requests a DS, it takes 5 seconds for the ranger to respond. It should be immediate. The shaman doesn't sit until 20 seconds after a fight ends. The tank needs about 10 seconds to just stand there before the next pull when before it ran through the subroutines (GM check, buff check, add check) instantly.

Something strange is going on when two very different computers run like a 386.

Try using default UI , just so it can be ruled out. Noone else is having issues so it has to be down to something you have in your setup. Are you using WINEQ or anything other that MQ?

Try using default UI , just so it can be ruled out. Noone else is having issues so it has to be down to something you have in your setup. Are you using WINEQ or anything other that MQ?

No WinEQ.

I resorted to the default UI. Same shit. Clicked off sow. Post-fight, it took several seconds before the warrior did a buff check and asked for sow. He has an 8 second delay to wait for it in case Billy is not memorized. In this case it was. Shaman took six seconds after the trigger was sent to stand and cast. By the time he did, the warrior had run off.

It's like this for everyone. My wizard is supposed to stand and snare when the mob is at 95%. He stands when it's at 70 and has long delays between nukes when he should nuke immediately.

your internet connection wont effect your buff request time. You can try disc clean up and disc defrag. Also scan for malware spyware viruses.

Edit

What hud do you use and how many do you run on that computer?

your internet connection wont effect your buff request time. You can try disc clean up and disc defrag. Also scan for malware spyware viruses.

Edit

What hud do you use and how many do you run on that computer?

Why wouldnt it? It needs to send the command to the server to actually cast/ say he is casting

594428294.png

While that deserves for some of us to smack the shit out of you, it ain't your problem.

Is a very odd issue. I am trying to think up ideas what it might be, will post if I think of anything. Sorry.

htw

Heh ok that was unfair, I live in SF and pinged an SF server. This is to Texas.

594443124.png

I'll hop into IRC and ping you, htw.

I want your upload. I beat your DL but you double my upload.

From Missouri to CA
595273534.png

From Missouri to main hub
595274322.png

Anyways the reason his net connection wont be an issue is even with 24.4k you should not have a 10 second delay. With that he would also notice his latency being off the charts.

Its more likely something running in the background (nortens used to cause a 3-5 second delay in opening bags for example) . I would go with something hijacking cpu cycles so it can't process fast enough.

Check your CPU usage(might even be a core assignment issue)

Also, check your log file size, if you run logs, and make sure your journal is off. It may sound silly, but once you're log files get big enough, they slow everything down...

If you don't run with your logs on, then ignore me. :)

Jesus how did everyone get such fat pips o_O.

Im still on my 3meg, fk all of you.

Just be happy you're not stuck on some island in the middle of no where. Everyting is at least 2k+ miles from me lol

We only got a second cable option last year on the island, which made RR come out with a "fastest on the island" plan for $5 more. Might move up, but doubt I need it or would even notice....except for the missing $5 a month.