In the market for a new bed

Brano11

I am omg awesome!
Reaction score
Hello all, kinda weird question but here it goes! I am going to be purchasing a new bed here within a month or so, and am curious what brands etc others use? The bed I currently use is probably just about as old as I am, but it's lasted a very long time and has been really comfortable up until about a month ago when I think it finally just gave way lol.

I do know I like a little bit softer bed, not a firm one. I am looking into possibly a king size (I have a queen now). The only thing is although I know I will be spending a lot of time in bed, I am NOT willing to spend more then probably 2kish. I think that amount is a good price that should be able to get a pretty decent bed.

If anybody has any insight or recommendations it would be awesome!

A few years ago I splurged on one of the sleep number beds. Its fully adjustable and raises, lowers, and does the vibrate thing. I hope to never go back to a normal bed again.

The one lesson I have learned in life is, you don't try and cut corners when it comes to a bed. Having a bed that gives you a full nights deep sleep can change your whole life.

8 Years ago, it took me about 3 months of laying on beds over and over again to finally pick one. At the time my family was giving me so much shit about it how picky I was being, but I got it right. I purchased a new bed last year after going to three places, and picked it so very wrong. It's ended up in spare room after months of restless sleep (Sorry Guests).

My advice is, just lay in as many beds as possible and don't rush into it.

I laid in beds for several days before I ended up with a tempur pedic cloud luxe breeze. If youre a hot natured fellow like myself, the cooling gel layer is a life saver.

The one lesson I have learned in life is, you don't try and cut corners when it comes to a bed. Having a bed that gives you a full nights deep sleep can change your whole life.

8 Years ago, it took me about 3 months of laying on beds over and over again to finally pick one. At the time my family was giving me so much shit about it how picky I was being, but I got it right. I purchased a new bed last year after going to three places, and picked it so very wrong. It's ended up in spare room after months of restless sleep (Sorry Guests).

My advice is, just lay in as many beds as possible and don't rush into it.

this and shoes if you spend a lot of time on your feet spend some cash on your shoes

So I've done some research. I'm not sure I could afford one of the sleep number beds, those get super crazy expensive it seems. I've read some good reviews on the "bed on the web" to type brands like ghost bed by sleeping nature iirc. Does anybody have experience with those type of beds?

Sorry for all the questions, since this bed has last me so long, this will be my first bed purchase on my own lol, the only other time I bought one my parents were with me since I was super young hah.

I agree with the try before you buy. I did a mail order futon and it was horrible. But at least I saved a bundle!

I would also advise against the foam form beds. They tend to trap heat and for me were very uncomfortable. Maybe that is where the tempur pedic cloud luxe breeze comes in.

I laid in beds for several days before I ended up with a tempur pedic cloud luxe breeze. If you're a hot natured fellow like myself, the cooling gel layer is a life saver.

I'm with smarty and even if not a warmer person get it anyways

I bought a Serta or Sealy brand memory foam bead with the gel beads for cooling. The king sized bed only cost me $900. Totally worth it and the price was comparable to other styles.

Stay away from big furniture stores, check out mattress stores.

The sealy brand gel looks pretty damn decent, I might have to go to a store and look at those

Had a Sealy from age 8-20, never felt any worse than the previous day and i slept well on it.

We bought a sleep number, and all told with the sheets, base, legs, memory foam mattress pad, etc we were at around $3K.

Leave off those extras and you should be able to get the basic king mattress with base and legs for under $2k I think.