Reaction score
I have a bard that when he assists the following happens:

/assist tank
/stand
/twist off
/attack on
/twist 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

This works fine

But, when the mob dies, I want the twist to stop. What happens is I go to pull more mobs, and if I need to flop, well, I die cause the songs are still hitting me. How can I turn off the twist on a downshit? I've tried the following:

downshit2=/if (${Twist.Twisting}) /twist end
downshit2=/if (${Twist.Twisting}) /twist off
downshit2=/twist off
downshit2=/if (${Twist.Twisting}) /twist end; /twist off; /twist off

I would expect the first two would work. Did you make sure downflag=1 ?

maybe try /echo in there to see if it is executing the downshit.

Iriginally I did the third one and that seemed to work, but it spammed it constantly as it should. So I then tried the check to see if I am teisring or not and it just didn’t seem to work. I’ll figure out how to put the echo code in there for troubleshooting.

I did a little testing and when the twist is active, nothing else fires it seems.

here is my test

I am not doing any twisting, the downshit 1 fires and downshit 2 shows an error saying t couldn't pasrse the command, as it should

Downflag1=1
Downflag2=1
downshit1=/if (!${Me.Buff[Selo's Sonata].ID} && ${Spell[Selo's Sonata].Stacks} && ${Me.FreeBuffSlots}>=1) /alt activate 3704
downshit2=hgjk

I then do the following:

/twist 1 2 3

And, nothing fires for downshits.

Nothing fires for holyshits either.

It is like the bard is in limbo land. So I then treid the following:

Downflag1=1
Downflag2=1
Holyflag1=1
downshit1=/if (!${Me.Buff[Selo's Sonata].ID} && ${Spell[Selo's Sonata].Stacks} && ${Me.FreeBuffSlots}>=1) /alt activate 3704
downshit2=hgjk
holyshit1=/twist off

I used the above code for the following test. I typed /twist 1 2 3 and all the bard dose is twist those songs, no holyshits fire, and no downshits fire. When I click attack on a mob, the twisting stops. When I start again by typing /twist 1 2 3, then I type /twist off, then my downshit 1 fires and I get a parse error for downshit 2.

How do I simply stop the current twist once combat ends?

Do any of the downshits fire?

downshit1=/echo downshit

I seem to recall something where the down shits fire when you aren't singing. but since you're twisting, you are always casting

Correct, nothing fires when twisting, no holyshits either. I could use melody maybe but twist is so much better.

How do I simply stop the current twist once combat ends?

Run a macro that can determine when you are out of combat and twist off.

If you are currently running a macro just add an event that triggers on exp message or faction hit.

Or maybe stick a check in the loop that looks at the xtarget list and if nothing there and your twisting - twist off.

Twist was set to on.

I ended up just using a melody instead as the holyshits fire when modly is active, but not when twist is active. Then I just hit my 6 key which is a keybind to all accounts to sit / invis for when I go pull again. The bard just stops singing and sits.

And, I remember why I switched from bard to shaman. I went to a camp in Droga with bard - wiped like 8 times. brought shaman back, didn't wipe for hours. I just need that backup group "oh shit' heals the shaman gives I guess.