How to bot a full group?

personally i have used wineq2 for years and i don't even like to play eq with out it i run a full group with no problem and the way it works with autologin makes it even better

I bought Is / wineq all i can say is they suck major sac. I have four 27" samsung monitors and have tried all the possible layouts. Both of them mess with the games resolutions redraw ability in the windows that it puts eq into. I went back to just launching the 5 accounts in their own eq window again.
The only advantage, I can see with this is if you didn't care about how things look and had it setup to make u $$.
If you actually play the game I wouldn't bother with either.
That's my .02
The END

installation fail

And I am gonna take a wild stab and guess you did not contact lax, post on the lavish forums or join the irc channel. Lax and many of the regulars there are phenomenol at helping and solving problems.

What people do not understand in 10 seconds typically gets put off as broken.

Thanks for the info. But do you know for a fact that AutoIt can send input to Everquest? Sony has built protection into their game engine against this kind of software-based keystroke automation. I could never get other utilities like SendKey to be able to work with EQ.

Maybe with ISBoxer involved AutoIt can work but I'm wondering if anyone has used AutoIt directly with EQ? Yeah, I'm lazy and I hate to have to spend time setting up a test if somebody already has tried. :rolleyes:

I have IS working flawlessly, I box 18 on emu and up to
12 on live with 2 systems. You need to make sure your main window is created in an accepted eq resolution. I have 1920 x 1080 monitors and setup the main window to be 1650 x 968 or what ever then I put the other smaller windows to the right.

My biggest complaint about IS is it's lack of versatility. It's great if you always want to load the same exact set up with no changes. But WinEQ2 does a much better job of allowing you to load any number of sessions anywhere you want.

For example in WinEQ2 if you want to load a single session in the top left hand corner of your third monitor you have a profile that can do that, you can even load a session on your third monitor and then tile it after loading to the top left. Then later you decide you want to load another session full screen on your 2nd monitor, no problem just load eq through that profile.

IS however the sessions are always going to load into slots specified in a single profile and last time I tried it was not very good at letting you have a non full screen copy running. In order to have the option to load any number of eq sessions anywhere you want across 3 screens you need a few hundred profiles set up instead of at most 19 like WinEQ2. I spent quite a bit of time back and forth with Lavish about that problem and he eventually admitted it as a limitation of IS and that he'd keep it in mind for the next program of similar functionality (whether or not he actually does keep it in mind or ever writes another windowing type program, I have no idea).

But for that reason I still use WinEQ2 and not IS.

I like Dev also use WinEQ2, never tried ISboxer though.

Are you guys loading 12+ toons on one comp? If so, how much memory are you using and is your motherboard intel socket 2011? I can load about 8-9 accounts on 16gb of ram, intel socket 1156. My limitations is currently ram, video ram, and the fact that my MB can't go above 16 gb of ram. I know the socket 2011 can do like 64 gb of ram or 128 gb of ram.

Also curious if you guys are running eyefinity or surround, your display resolutions if so, and how ISboxer runs on eyefinity or surround, as well as how SLI or xfire works with EQ.

I've got a Q6600 @ 3.0 GHz with 8 gb ram. I can load 4 at full frame rates. Once I start doubling up on processor cores frame rates drop to about half.

Last year I had access to a higher end dell workstation T7500 with 2x xeon's - 24 GB ram - 2x quadro's in SLI . Pretty sick machine at the time. Ran 18 toons with out a flaw faster than my current box. Cheaper by far to just put together a 2nd box and stick a KVM on it :)