HoT Compile

burdsjm

Lifetimer
Reaction score
Is there any chance we could get a HoT Compile for the EMU?

Thanks,

Are there HoT client emu servers now?

Is there any chance we could get a HoT Compile for the EMU?

Thanks,

matters what exe date they're using i got all the old compiles going back years id bet one would work.

Not really sure how to find it but the Date Modified on my computer says 2/5/2011 12:31pm. 5,104KB.

Not sure what's up with the HOT install but the Macroquest from Underfoot works but the DoCracks are broke.

also looking for a HoT compile. Not sure on what the version number is but it is the feb 5th 2011 version ... whatever it was then.

I'd have to find where to get this "HOT" release of EQ - to develop & test with. And without paying for it. :p

htw

Log in to akka's fun server which is a green server on eqemulator and the greeter guy if hailed gives you a popup with the link to the torrent ... i had to log out and hail him a second time to get the HoT one as the first popup was SoD .

So, I did the one for akka's, using the torrent they link. However, that's not really HOT, regardless of what it says. The exe is from June 2010, which is 4 months before HOT release.

Here are the links. Like I said, I have it labeled HOT for now, but I need to look around and see what the common HOT client would be. What's the source for it, for example, and do any servers support it. If not, then there is really no point in doing one for now.

Click MMOBugs MQ2 House of Thule Full Installer to download the House of Thule (HOT) Emulator clients setup exe.
Click MMOBugs MQ2 House of Thule Zip File to download the House of Thule (HOT) Emulator clients zip.

Are there HoT client emu servers now?

I'd have to find where to get this "HOT" release of EQ - to develop & test with. And without paying for it. :p

htw

http://eq-resurrection.guildlaunch.com/

This is the server I'm playing on, I started with the steam UF torrent download client, wasn't working out very well, and I tried using the mmobugs demo UF emu client.....just crashed EQ every time I tried loading it up......So I've been using the MQ2 that is linked on the server website.....I'm not wild about this compile for a lot of reasons, but without going into that, I'm now using the 'HoT' client that is linked on the server website, think it's also a torrent download? Anyway, The 'UF' MQ2 compile they link works wiht this client....So, I just renewed my mmobugs subscription, and am hoping that one of the compiles will work with my client....trying the preceding post by htw, which says it's HoT, first...so, here goes, I'll get back to you all.... BTW, for those looking to play on this AWESOME server, one word of warning, afk killing and warping are BOTH ban-able offenses, and I've got a strong feeling the devs have some heavy duty active-hack detection built in, since we all get random error warnings that say stuff like 'large warp detected' and the like......so be forewarned :D And honestly, the stuff on the server is so easy, and the availability of high end mages with COH macros going is so abundant, that warping is kinda ridiculous to begin with, and xp is so easy, that afk xp'ing is kinda unnecessary anyway...so here goes. Thanks for all your hard work htw~~!!

so far so good

so far so good, one toon up and loaded, with all of my favorite plugins minus viewport since that's always been the number one buggy pluggin for my system...will keep you all updated. The above 'HoT' compile works perfectly so far with my/server 'HoT' client....Thanks htw!!!!!

update

8 toons loaded on 1 PC with viewport loaded, runs great with barely any lag without viewport, viewport functions perfect, and eliminates all lag once loaded. I'm gonna say htw nailed this HoT compile, definitively worth the subscription price!!!! one thing, tracking doesn't seem to be working, but maybe i'm missing some settings, idk, just gives the typical game responses on how to use, and then says only for rangers....so yeah, that's the one thing I can say, so far, I wish I had working, but isn't at the moment.

i was using this compile on the lootfest server but since a few days ago it is giving me the crash error every time i try and log in. I am using the supposed HoT compile from Akka's. Im not real sure what would cause this to start crashing every time now. Any ideas ?

i was using this compile on the lootfest server but since a few days ago it is giving me the crash error every time i try and log in. I am using the supposed HoT compile from Akka's. Im not real sure what would cause this to start crashing every time now. Any ideas ?
There's no way to know, too many possibilities. You can send me the debug.dmp file if you want (htwmmo@gmail.com).

htw

btw htw

tracking works perfect. apologies for earlier error. for some reason it wasn't loading on it's own from the plugin selection screen. loaded it in game and it's worked great ever since.

On an unrelated note, like I said before, apparently eq-resurrection server DOES have warp detection built in, and the main GM gets a message every time one is detected, confirmed, lol. He was real cool about it, but yeah, it's really not acceptable behavior to regularly warp on eq-rez, so anyone looking to go play there, just keep that in mind, they know when you do it.

Anyway we can get invite without being a leader docrack?