Heroic Characters FREE (lvl 85 4k+ AA, geared, factioned, skilled) hard to compete w

made a new hc on a new account from the hotel just now, but wont let me make another , does anyone know an effective fast method of ip changing that i can use to do this all day sunday when i go back home?

I just successfully created 2 accounts and made 2 heroics. You must create an account on a new IP and then log in on that same IP. I created one account from home and tried to log in at work and I couldn't create a heroic character.

I created an account at work and logged in at work and was able to create a heroic character. I created an account on my works VPN from home and logged in and was able to create a heroic character.

So process is:
1. Change IP
2. Create Account
3. Create Heroic Character
4. Repeat.

Last edited:
this is the first instance where i ever wanted to change an ip so i am very new, maybe i was doing something wrong, does anyone know what the easiest fastest way to do this many times would be?

this is the first instance where i ever wanted to change an ip so i am very new, maybe i was doing something wrong, does anyone know what the easiest fastest way to do this many times would be?

Use a VPN that uses shared IPs such as Mullvad. Don't use Mullvad, I've already used up all IPs they have alloted.

Connect/reconect to the vpn of your choice, use google to find out what your public IP is and keep note of it, etc.

Hope that helps.

no,gone this way.
resetted ip > Created a new account than > resetted ip > login and created heoric char and repeat.so i used 2 different ips to create a new account and create a heoric char on this account.

8 accounts I made on the 12th just got suspended. I used same birthday and email address that I verified on all those accounts. Anyone else see this? No emails were sent to me telling me what they suspended me for.

I used a VPN to register the accounts each with different public IPs.

my 12 accounts got also banned this night,used the same mail also on them.i guess u need different e-mails,birthday dates and ip everytime,will try and test later again.

regards Drow

If you register more then 1 account a day they ban the accounts thinking you're a botter (its a planetside 2 thing).

I did this for 10 accounts one night to play eq with and they all got banned the next day.

Does the new acct have to have CotF expansion for the free character?

Heroic characters right now are 100% free. You can create an account and make a heroic character for free. This exceeds the aa limit of 250.

Does the new acct have to have CotF expansion for the free character?
No.

Only 2 of my dozen or more accts have CoTF but I was able to create Heroics on all of them. Even the ones that only have HoT or VoA

I'm guessing the only criteria is owning an expansion that supports level 85 characters

Free accounts are entitled for up to VOA right now, and can create heroics.

This IP thing is just stupid on Sony's behalf if you ask me.

There are ISP's around who still use dynamic IP address pools over static.

What happens if by chance you get an IP assigned by your ISP that someone has already claimed a heroic character on?

While possible it seems very unlikely. Consider how many IP address vs people wanting to boost a character on everquest.

How do you make more than 1 Heroic Character if you had accounts prior to Nov. 8th. I understand its 1 per account, I am trying to make it on my accounts I've had for years, and can't seem to get past making it on my first account. I also understand the IP block, but thought that only applied to accounts made after November 8th.

For accounts created before Nov 8, 2013, the free Heroic Character option is available one time per account.

Last edited:
Im confused. Can you not make more than 1 heroic character per IP?

Yes you can regarding the IP hurdle. I just got of with customer support regarding it. You can have more than 1 HC as long as its 1 per account and that account was created before Nov 8th.

If I read the FAQ correctly today (3-26) is the last day to activate heroic characters for free.

They are extending it till tomorrow the 27th because there was someone who couldn't figure out what AM vs PM ment, so it was shut off as of last night. Due to that they are extending it one day, to honor what they had originally said would be the time it was supposed to go till.

They are extending it till tomorrow the 27th because there was someone who couldn't figure out what AM vs PM ment, so it was shut off as of last night. Due to that they are extending it one day, to honor what they had originally said would be the time it was supposed to go till.

This is truly priceless. I assume the "someone" works for Sony.

Yeah, I want my programming work in the hands of someone who can't tell AM from PM. LOL

This is why when I went to "upgrade character" a level 98 with a stupidly low AA count I had my fingers crossed that he wouldn't "upgrade" to ~4000 AAs but also to level 85. I wouldn't put it past them. Luckily he "upgraded" AND kept his level. /phew