Heroic Characters FREE (lvl 85 4k+ AA, geared, factioned, skilled) hard to compete w

Dealings

Reaction score
Heroic Characters are coming to EQ sometime before the 15th Anniversary ends!

For accounts created before Nov 8, 2013, the free Heroic Character option is available one time per account.
For accounts created on or after Nov 8, 2013, the free Heroic Character option is available one time per household.

The per household will most likely be an IP check.

Heroic Character Notes:
-Come with a Raptor Mount
-2x 24 slot bags and 4x regular Backpacks in their bank
-Level 85
-Auto-granted AA up to UF
-Come with a Journeyman Tier 1 Merc, there is also an exclusive quest in Feerrott to get a Journeyman Tier 5 Merc on completion of the Quest (Quest Guide will be on our site later before it goes live)
-Starts in Feerrott
-Gear wise they are just under HoT Tier 1 stuff (about 1-2 ac less, 50 hp/mana/end, -1 to -2 mod3s, etc): Stats/Items Unbuffed Magician (Malachite was bought though from Vendor)
-DoN AA Progression + MPG Trial Progression are completed
-All skills maxed except for Languages at 50/100, TS are at 25/300, your Specialization is picked for you, have to do the old quest to reset them if you want other ones
-You get all Rank 1 Spells up to Level 85
-Making a new Heroic Character: Choose toon regularly then hit the Heroic Character button, it will keep all origin, stats, looks, etc you picked
-Making an old toon a Heroic Character: Will simply level them up to Heroic Characters, can be done at character select with the Upgrade Character button
- Feerrott (HoT version) has been changed, around the Plane of Knowledge is now a safe area surrounded with NPC's that will memblur and send mobs that get close to their bind, most NPC's were moved to here as well (Maps will be updated sometime later before it goes live)

Where are you pulling that info from Dealings?

1.) I wonder if they will let us transfer heroic characters off the account to another account not eligble for a free one.

2.)Info on work around for IP check with step-by-step how to guide.

Wonder if you'll need to be gold to get the free heroic char? Ive got plenty old spare accounts with nothing on them and are free/silver

nm just read, its free to anyone ! but only between 12th march and 26th march

Hmmm... toughest part will be picking a server. Maybe one with low population and a terribly empty bazaar.

Hmmm... toughest part will be picking a server. Maybe one with low population and a terribly empty bazaar.

That seems the worse way to go. For the crap you do get, has a small market to flip in bazaar. Goes same way for buying.

3500 SC, like we all predicted. Same as EQ2. I'm curious if this will work on a bronze account. I have a few bronze accounts I had planned leveling toons on, if they allow it for bronze accounts, this is gonna be nice.

Last edited:
Roshen said its all accounts that can get 1 free heroic char - between 12th and 26th march

Time to start deciding which class/race to make on each account so they don't conflict for boxing!

I also predict the population of people playing in HoT zones on the rise for the next 6-9 months as people flock to get their heroic character leveled. Same thing that happened when F2P went live, population skyrocketed serverwide, and started to slide after a year.

My biggest hope is that they remove the AA autogrant at creation and allow players to use the already in place function to enable the AA if they want. Would love the ability to create level 85 characters with no aa that I can pl aa onto the way I want rather then already being over the 4k aa cap :(

My biggest hope is that they remove the AA autogrant at creation and allow players to use the already in place function to enable the AA if they want. Would love the ability to create level 85 characters with no aa that I can pl aa onto the way I want rather then already being over the 4k aa cap :(
This

Nope - all AAs are autogranted up for all expansions up to and including Underfoot. No choice to spend them on your own

go play around on Test - create heroic chars (you can delete and recreate a new one) and see for yourself

I know that is how it is now, but hoping that they change it before final release so that the user has to enable the autogrant. The function to do so is already there, the character is at the level for it. Would be nice if sony gave the user the option to enable the autogrant (that is already in place) at the users choice of time and place.

They wont, i guarantee it.

Same reason why they didnt allow people who maybe already earned AAs pre grant to have those reallocated to spend. They're eliminating the AAXP bonus.

To be honest though having every AA up to and including underfoot is a great start on a level 85 character. Im looking forward to having some classes i've not been bothered about levelling before

I'm thinking at minimum having a spare utility toon on every account. The challenge is deciding what class.

Magicians make sense due to having useful utility spells even at 85. Be nice to have Call of the Hero available regardless of which toons I've logged in.

A pack of wizards would be nice for extra dps but then you realize that level 85 wizards, even with all their AA's up to that point, just aren't going to contribute much dps against level 95+ mobs. You'd probably get as much benefit from leveling ONE of them to 100.

Extra clerics? Every drop of healing is a contribution, some truth to that, but again even a chain of 6 level 85 clerics all healing one level 100 tank with 120k+ HPs.... probably moe effective just to split your group into two and summon merc clerics into each sub-group.

Actually, I'd probably settle on a combo of mage, wizard and druid. Mage for the reasons stated above, wizard and druid to make use of their teleport to bind and secondary and tertiary bind abilities. With that capacity on every account you can move around Norrath almost as good as the days of warping and chain-zoning, AND ENTIRELY LEGAL TOO! ;)

Outside of my 5 main accounts i keep running - i have 11 spare/old accounts made before november 6th 2013 that will all be eligible for 1 free 85 heroic char each. Wonder if they'd be worth making to sell cheaply? Like $20 per?

I made some accounts about 10 days ago so I will really love to know how to bypass the shitty 1 per household restriction.