Help with Hunter macro

Dogstar

Lifetimer
Reaction score
It's been 20 years since I did any programming. Can someone explain to me how to use the hunternowarp and the hunter macros please? Thanks,

edit your HunterLoot.ini with the loot you want and HunterMob.ini with the mobs you want to kill. Then run the macro.

You'll also need to find zone names, looking in MQ2PiggyZone.ini for zone names is the easy way to do it.

Fry.

ok, Say you wanted to hunt bears for pelts in west karana. But you wanted to loot low and high quaity pelts. not ruined or med quaity.No sweat... just follow below..

First go to the mq folder, open the macro's folder.Look for the hunterloot and huntermob ini files. Right click on them and open them with notepad. I will do huntermob.ini first.

huntermob.ini
You need to know what continent it is on.. for this is 'Antonica'. You also need to know that zone. this is 'The Western Plains of Karana'. next you need to know the name of the mobs you need to kill to get the items you want. this is 'a brown bear' or 'a grizzly bear'. (I know this is already mapped out on huntermob.ini) now to edit the ini file. you need to put | in before the name on the continent. (the key right below the backspace key) to where it says this
|Antonica
leave a space, the put the name of the zone, you must have the [] brackets around the name of the zone you wish to hunt in. It will look about like this

|Antonica

[The Western Plains of Karana]

now comes the name of the mob. Always keep track of the number of mobs you are hunting. In this case it is only 2. So under the western plains we type in mob1=(name), this case it would be

Mob1=a brown bear

Then add the other bear

Mob1=a brown bear
Mob2=a grizzly bear

IT will look like this totally

|Antonica

Mob1=a brown bear
Mob2=a grizzly bear

That is the end of huntermob.ini file, save it and close it. It will now hunt that mob in the zone.

Hunterloot.ini
You need to know what continent it is on.. for this is 'Antonica'. You also need to know that zone. this is 'The Western Plains of Karana'. next you need to know the name of the mobs you need to kill to get the items you want. this is 'a low quaity bear skin' or 'a high quaity bear skin'. (I know this is already mapped out on hunterloot.ini) now to edit the ini file. you need to put | in before the name on the continent. (the key right below the backspace key) to where it says this
|Antonica
leave a space, the put the name of the zone, you must have the [] brackets around the name of the zone you wish to hunt in. It will look about like this

|Antonica

Now here is the difference. You need to put in loot1=(name of item) since this is skins. you would end up typing this out

Loot1=low quality bear skin

then you would want to add loot2 so it would look like

Loot2=high quality bear skin

the total thing would look like

|Antonica

Loot2=high quality bear skin

save, and close. Now start up /hunternowarp and you will run around killing bear destorying everything not on your list and keeping all that is.

There is a problem here too you need to be aware of. You might need to edit the loot and name of the mobs to get it right. sometimes a or an might be the first name of mob and loot. So you have to be very careful.You have to get the zone name exactly right along with the loot and mob, or it will not work. It will think it is in a different zone and abort.. and just afk you.

Hope this helps ya, and not confuse ya...hehe

Thanks

Thank you for explaining that so well. Truly appreciated.