Question Help needed - using old macro system

htw

Developer
Reaction score
While it's a good idea to have the new stricter macro system from core MQ2 (if for nothing else than to finally fix some oldass macros), it's been 4.5 months since - and still a lot of broken shit.

So, I made a system to use the old system - MQ2MMORetro. If the plugin is loaded, it will use the old system. If not, it uses new.

I would need to push a new release to include it.

What I would need is some willing sacrifices to help me test it out and see if it's basically sound.

If there's any interest, reply and let me know, and I'll let you know in this thread when/if I do push it.

htw

THIS IS AWESOME!!!!! I'm sure Artemus would love this. His macs have been borked since the change. He would probably test it for ya.

Lol ugh, I dunno if I even have the old coded one!

I can find it :p

I'll be happy to test it out but I gotta find an old copy of the macro. I've got the newer one with Chat's fixes. Really shoulda renamed it. Oh well.

I'll be happy to test it out but I gotta find an old copy of the macro. I've got the newer one with Chat's fixes. Really shoulda renamed it. Oh well.

If you need a past copy of the bot.mac I've got one.

FYI, I pushed this yesterday - to try it you just need to load MQ2MMORetro. No commands or other needed. To stop using it, just unload the plugin.

htw

Here is the bot.mac file. I've got an even older one if this isn't old enough. It should be though. I backed everything up before the changes were made I believe. Let me know if you need any other file.

Attachments

• bot.mac
    465.2 KB · Views: 4
Started using Retro today, loaded bot.mac without any problems.

Looking good.

Only Error I have so far is

No such "aura type" member "length"

So I have just deselected it for now out of macro

Attachments

• Aura.jpg
    Aura.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 16
Got a similar aura error with Dev's bardbot when I ran it. But overall, the plugin seems to be working really well. I'll have to do a bit more testing on it when I get more time, only did limited testing.

This doesn't undo tlo changes. E.g., aura changing from string to auratype. Can update aura code in the macro, or replace it with the one i put in then to provide string without change (AuraInfo).

Last edited:
Got a similar aura error with Dev's bardbot when I ran it. But overall, the plugin seems to be working really well. I'll have to do a bit more testing on it when I get more time, only did limited testing.

I completely rewrote the bard's aura code in Bot40.mac and it's been fixed in my latest file of bardbot.mac Try one of those. The one in Bot40.mac manages aura for dual aura for all toons. Where-as bardbot left the existing code with corrected syntax to meet the requirements of the newer system.