Group Tasks

Actually yes if you said the task name i could look it up, and i have 12 toons all 85+ is it still not for me

yes take your toons to shards landing or eastern wastes and do some of the tasks there gl

does this work for missions(/open the chest at the same time on the final update)?

works on hails not opening a chest

all my boxes hailed npc at the same time in evantil1 misson(2nd last step) and opened the chest by 1 char, there was only one rewad,whats the problem?

completion must END on hail (give the reward...exp) not after unlocking chest maybe?

all my boxes hailed npc at the same time in evantil1 misson(2nd last step) and opened the chest by 1 char, there was only one rewad,whats the problem?

The problem is you fail to understand how this works and obviously failed to read this thread properly.

The final step has to be a hail, not a chest, not a hand in and not kill.

Test patch notes for 3/5/13 -
- The quest reward message will no longer incorrectly display twice when only giving one reward.

Does anyone know if this still works on test? If not, it's probably going to get nerfed on Wednesday.

never got it to work anywhere

dealings - list the missions you have tried this on that have failed. thanks.

I just tried this with a repo. I finished the mission, took my toons to the final NPC, did:
/bcaa //tar <whatever his name is>
and then:
/bcaa //h

I hailed on all three, and it said the "thank you for doing this task" message in /say three times, but I only got one reward on the character I was looking at when I did the hail and on the others I got a bugged task window with a pearl necklace and an error message saying I could not be granted this reward.

Last edited:
doing them a second run through, I had half my characters get another bugged window, and half of them got one reward. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

manually targeted the npc on 3 toons
/bcaa //hail

still works for me, all 3 toons got 3 rewards

Just a tip, I find /bcaa //Keypress H to be more reliable. I have only gotten 4 rewards once, otherwise it is always 3 for four toons.

Was wondering if this is a flagable thing that might come around to bite us later?

I know they can track items being moved (eg the no trade stuff) and can track quest steps (had enough bugged quests that required GM intervention) and can track rewards of key's/flags (for people who did not get flag update during raid etc).

Was wondering if they can track (or something flags like warp does) when a person gets the same quest reward six times instead of just once. Since it's within the lockout time for the quest it's be pretty hard to justify that one :/

Just wondering.

Lets hope this many quest rewards doesn't bite me in the arse...

Attachments

• IMAG0296.jpg
    IMAG0296.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 106
I get rid of any rewards over 10 (thats when I get message) in case I crash or server reset or something

I got that whole lot from one task finish/hail, not from not claiming and finishing others, sorry i didn't explain that about it.

Im not worried about losing exp from zoning or something :p

I have had a few ask me how I managed this, and honestly it was mostly luck if anything I got 161 rewards from one task I normally get about 30 or so

To do it I have 6 characters loaded through innerspace , and a key broadcast so I set my key combination in IS to press 'h' for hailing.

Then I set up a G15 key to press said combination with a 0 or 1 ms delay, I find depending on my ping I get a more consistent response with 1ms vs 0ms

When ready to hail, press G key and hold until window pops up abs release. Once the window pops up normally that's it for any chance of extra rewards.

Beware, I hold no responsibility for anything that happens from the use of this. Use it carefully and if you manage to get 100+ rewards it normally lags A LOT and you will have to wait until the pop up window telling how many to claim before zoning stops counting. And claiming each reward until under 100 normally lags A second before claiming the next.

Have fun and be smart.

I have had a few ask me how I managed this, and honestly it was mostly luck if anything I got 161 rewards from one task I normally get about 30 or so

To do it I have 6 characters loaded through innerspace , and a key broadcast so I set my key combination in IS to press 'h' for hailing.

Then I set up a G15 key to press said combination with a 0 or 1 ms delay, I find depending on my ping I get a more consistent response with 1ms vs 0ms

When ready to hail, press G key and hold until window pops up abs release. Once the window pops up normally that's it for any chance of extra rewards.

Beware, I hold no responsibility for anything that happens from the use of this. Use it carefully and if you manage to get 100+ rewards it normally lags A LOT and you will have to wait until the pop up window telling how many to claim before zoning stops counting. And claiming each reward until under 100 normally lags A second before claiming the next.

Have fun and be smart.

When claiming 1 per group member, you can sorta try to explain it away "we all must have pressed h at the same time, what are the odds?". No huge deal, probably isn't unbalancing enough for them to start logging and banning. Claiming 600aa in one massive hit? How is that smart?

Could be wrong, but I'm curious what people who ARE smart think about this.

To clarify, you just posted it in a public forum that we KNOW SOE looks at. That's the part I'm curious about.

You don't think they would of fixed it if they read this already prior to my post?

I think the have fun and be smart is self explanatory.

Most things on this site are a risk to do on a live server yet we do them with calculated caution or none at all knowing full well what can happen.

Anyway, I'll be sure to let you know if I get any suspensions or bans. I've never had either on any accounts that I've done a lot worse.