getting off Test

Dogstar

Lifetimer
Reaction score
OK so there are no transfers off of Test. I'm pretty invested there with about 4 105 toons pretty well equiped. But I'm getting tired of all the empty zones and no groups and too many patches & problems.

So my question is: anyone know anyway to move some toons off of Test.

Like does anybody know a guy who knows a guy . . .

I would pay well.

If it can't be, I guess I'll just keep boxing. I can't quit you EQ.

As far as i know theres no way to get toons off of Test :(

There was a one time only transfer off a few years ago, it will never happen again. They don't want people playing test as their main server. That's why they allow you to test copy.

Otherwise we'd all be leveling up on test for the double XP. :)

DB killed off the test server population last year, when they made players buy the latest expansion in order to play in the expansion on Day 1 of release.

This was, what set Test server apart at the time of release of a new expansion, they had it autogranted from Day 1. Now they wait a few months to auto grant it.

If you think that isn't significant, then this year they do something even dumber and require you to preorder to beta the expansion. I don't know who is running these business decisions but this is no way to keep the people interested in the game.

Ya making people buy all the expansions on test wth is the point of test why would someone do that ?

They let us transfer off years ago without gear I don't see that ever happening again.

If you think that isn't significant, then this year they do something even dumber and require you to preorder to beta the expansion. I don't know who is running these business decisions but this is no way to keep the people interested in the game.

Was it said somewhere that pre ordering the expansion is required to Beta test? I know pre ordering grants Beta access, but I haven't seen anything yet that would indicate it's a requirement for Beta access.

Was it said somewhere that pre ordering the expansion is required to Beta test? I know pre ordering grants Beta access, but I haven't seen anything yet that would indicate it's a requirement for Beta access.

Wasn't specifically said but sure looks like its implied based on the expansion feed they did and their webpage.

The only people that are getting "free access" to beta sounded like it would be guilds that would be beta testing the raids.

DB killed off the test server population last year, when they made players buy the latest expansion in order to play in the expansion on Day 1 of release.

This was, what set Test server apart at the time of release of a new expansion, they had it autogranted from Day 1. Now they wait a few months to auto grant it.

They still do not have TDS on Test, It was never auto granted.

Not true. TDS was granted on Test about two weeks ago. Right before the expansion livestream, roughly.

EDIT: I should note, it's not reflected on the login server page (You have X of Y expansions enabled) but the zones are available. All of my accounts say 19/21 but I've been to Tempest Temple, Deluge, and Brother Island.

Last edited:

It was implied and when asked about it they didn't answer. Not sure why they chose this route. They could just add everyone who preorders to beta and invite a % of people who sign up why exclude people who did not preoder. Maybe you would get some who're on the fence once they see whats in beta.

Not true. TDS was granted on Test about two weeks ago. Right before the expansion livestream, roughly.

EDIT: I should note, it's not reflected on the login server page (You have X of Y expansions enabled) but the zones are available. All of my accounts say 19/21 but I've been to Tempest Temple, Deluge, and Brother Island.

Wow that is even worse. No wonder they had to cry out and plead to the general EQ community a month ago to come help them on Test.

I also remembered a thread about a year ago when they decided not to autogrant TDS, there was an uproar from the Test server community, and I thought I recalled them saying they were going to wait a few months after the TDS expansion went live to autogrant it.

Waiting a year is even worse.

Why should they be entitled to free copies of the expansions?

What they should have done when they had the chance was to only open the test server when they want to test something. The test server is not designed to be your main server, it's meant for testing patches. This is why they let people transfer off and stopped all the handouts.

Why should they be entitled to free copies of the expansions?

What they should have done when they had the chance was to only open the test server when they want to test something. The test server is not designed to be your main server, it's meant for testing patches. This is why they let people transfer off and stopped all the handouts.

Except when you do that now nothing is tested properly because the server has no community.