Fuckton of free Exp potions!

Whoops! Spoke too soon!

They got me on one account. Luckily, it wasn't the account with the stockpile of Ceremonial Elixirs. I fear if they don't know the claim is for 10 per, they might not know it is possible to have more than one ceremonial elixir on at least one server.

This is GM Frayed. I'm contacting you to inform you that your account has been issued a warning for participating in an exploit which allowed players to duplicate Potions of Adventure. I've gone ahead and removed all but 80 from your inventory, as you have 8 characters on Drinal, and the item is intended to be claimable once per character. You'll find them in your Main 1 bag.

so they took 120 potions on that one acct, guess they are going one acct at a time, oh well 80 is still ok w me (minus the warning)

Burn! My Mom says they cleaned out two of her toons but three are untouched....we'll see how it goes.

Hmm... did anyone besides me see this problem coming from the moment we saw the first post of this thread?

It's really ironic that after all the problems with bans and suspensions players will still jump mindlessly into obvious exploitable offenses and just "hope" that Sony doesn't pick up on it and start wielding the ban stick.

And then when it happens, it's o woe is me and how can Sony be soooo cruel!?

Y'know the definition of stupidity is to keep doing the same thing over and over and hope for a different result?

it's o woe is me and how can Sony be soooo cruel!?

cant find that post

Y'know the definition of stupidity is to keep doing the same thing over and over and hope for a different result?

cant find the other post dealing w xp potions that u may be referring to

so im guessing you are referring to knowingly using a game advantage (not like the whole documented warp thing which by and large most people are avoiding) ie the general 3rd party program

What im guessing you are inferring to is "Dont do anything at all if you THINK it MIGHT be in violation of the EULA and for that I thank you very much for your sound words of wisdom

correction

thats actually the deffinition of insanity,, not stupidity,, stupidity means, which may infact apply here to your comment
a stupid act, remark, or idea

Last edited:
Hmm... did anyone besides me see this problem coming from the moment we saw the first post of this thread?

It's really ironic that after all the problems with bans and suspensions players will still jump mindlessly into obvious exploitable offenses and just "hope" that Sony doesn't pick up on it and start wielding the ban stick.

And then when it happens, it's o woe is me and how can Sony be soooo cruel!?

I'm sure everyone who did this knew there was a risk. But I don't see anyone really complaining that they got them taken away...seems people are just sharing the information.

And I'm lost on what you mean by doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. We all did this once, it was nerfed, and now we are seeing the result. We can't do it again.

From the beginning of this thread was an undertone that this was a risky endeavor and how much could we "get away" with...meaning what level of cheating/exploiting would pass muster in a case like this. Yeah, it's similar to some of the posts/threads we've seen asking if just a "little bit" of warping is OK since the poster is only going to warp when he's really tired, or got a long way to go, or has to avoid SI mobs, whatever.

"Doing the same thing over and over", see what I mean?

Given the current climate, all of this is just asking for trouble.

No, I'm not saying don't do anything that violates the EULA altho for the most part that's what I'm doing right now cuz I'm gun shy after everything that's happened. But stuff like THIS is just asking for trouble.

The reason the original Macroquest code had to be compiled by the user (i.e. not made easy to use as it is here with MMOBugs) is because the guys who first developed MQ were apprehensive that if too many people used it, especially people using it CARELESSLY and RECKLESSLY eventually Sony would no longer be able to ignore and would have to crack down on EVERYBODY: those who were careful and discrete as well as those who were reckless and, yeah, stupid. So they made it kinda hard and challenging to use figuring that this would weed out some of the more reckless players.

That's my point. I'm not saying this potion exploit is going to lead to another hard crackdown on any kind of hacking, even the more discrete "passive" stuff. But I am going to say that it strikes me as an indication of lessons not well learned.

If that makes ME stupid then I'll be the stupid guy who doesn't get a ban or a suspension because I avoid stuff like this.

Last edited:
ok

that post looks well thought out and very nicely worded, but i didnt take people saying soe took their potions back as a woe is me , i just seen it as an ,"AW SCHUCKS" im sure yuo werent the onyl one who seen it coming to bite us in the ass give us some credit. i myself used the pull and pray method, still waitign to see the outcome, wil they take em away probally, but since it wasnt exactly cheating, more or less capatalising on thier mistake, i figured there was a risk that the punishment woudl be greater than a simple take back, but i figured the hell with it, i could possibly argue my way out of it , since it was thier mistake, and if not the possibility of a cpl days off over gettign a few hundred pots was a chance i was willing to take on. unfortunately it doesnt look like its gonna work out, but oh well, i thought it was worth a shot.. and i dont know if this happens alot(hence your statment about doing same thing over and over) but this was the first thing like this that i have partken in , first thing ive been on for to partake in. and again if it tunrs out workign , awesome , if not , it was cool to try, and plus ive already used more than a fair share so its a win

however

if you were saying that we were drawing negative attention at a time when things are already tough for this community, coudl be , but i doubt we were the only ones who knew about this exploit, if one of ours figured it out, theres a good chance a non mmobug user also figured it out, and shared the info with some friends, who then shared with others, and this probally happend in atleast acpl diffrent non mmo bug circles. i knw we have a smart bunch here, but this was not an exploit that was restricted to just our database, or somethign that only we coudl have stumbled across. so i dotn think its gonna reflect on mmobugs directly

Arguing's the best part!

But the above exchanges are not arguments, just contradictions.

Remember: "an argument is an intellectual process, while contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says."

;)

Last edited:
Arguing's the best part!

Remember: "an argument is an intellectual process, while contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of anything the other person says."

;)

No it's not! Stop trying to ruin my life! Your nothing but a big bully! Uggg I don't like you no more!

First off no complaints here comming from me just going to share what happened to my charcters involved in this "exploit"

Char 1 and 2 - 1200 potions total
Char 3 - 300 potions total
Char 4 - 900ish potions total

Char 1 and 2 while logged in afk in GLobby had all but 10 potions taken away ( happen to use about 200 of them so no real loss here compaired to the gain i got )

Char 4 same as char 1 and 2 but this toon only got the chance to use 100 :/ ( still pimping tho so no complaints also

Char 3 used none and has 40 atm... :/

how many chars on the account seems to be the theme here as stated before. ( char 3 had 4 chars while 1 2 and 4 only had the 1 char )

as of right now no emails on any accounts affected

Arguing's the best part!

;)

No it's not! Stop trying to ruin my life! Your nothing but a big bully! Uggg I don't like you no more!

You're

Just to help put an end to the silly argument - I discovered this independently, before seeing it posted here, and had already made my runs of potions before coming across it here.

It wasn't a giant leap of logic: Quite some time ago, I noticed that the LON potions I received from different scenarios merged with a stack of potions I already had. I checked to see if SOE opened up some unintended consequences, and took advantage of it when they did.

Greetings,

This notice is to inform you this account has been noted for participating in an exploit that allowed Potions of Adventure to be passed through the Shared Bank repeatedly. Regrettably, this was not intended and all but 1 stack of 10 x Potion of Adventure have been removed from the account. If you have any other questions or concerns pertaining to this issue, please feel free to reply to this petition.

looks like there goin thro all logs? anyone try deleting them an reclaim themafter the heat dies down? wish i hada